Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Rondabout Picnic Club – RPC
  • sd
    Free Member

I am in the middle of setting up a guide to picnicking on roundabouts in the UK.

So far I am collecting information on suitable roundabouts that are located in scenic locations where to enjoy a picnic.

This one for instance offers peace, tranquillity and shading.

This offers good views, local amenities and a great sound track of haulage.

This compact, all weather version, great for a snack and go.

For year these little round oasis have been overlooked and under used, If you know of a roundabout near to you, or if you have a personal experience of picnicking on a roundabout please get in touch.

picnicroundabouts@googlemail.com

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Surely no talk of roundabouts can be complete, without mention of the Legendary Magic Roundabout in Swindon:

I dream of one day visiting this wondrous place…

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I think I have actually had a snack, at this one:

Almost got arrested by a Gendarme,for trying to cross the road bit! Haddunt seen the subways.

sd
    Free Member

Are the Swindon head banger a great feat of engineering, but I fear not that child friendly.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I think you might be able to get something to eat and drink at this one, as well as take in a flick:

sd
    Free Member

Sadly the latter is not UK based Rudeboy, but thanks for your input, maybe one for my 2nd guide?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Ok then, I’ll do my best to help out with London-based ones.

Canary Wharf has a couple of gooduns; this one has a very confusing set of traffic lights:

And the larger one 100 yards away actually has a grassy area, flowerbeds and benches, in the middle bit, and great views of the River on the bank side:

CW workers regularly use it in the summer months, to sit and have their lunch. I have seen people actually picnicking there!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Milton Keynes must be RPC heaven, surely ?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Of course, our very own Marble Arch is far superior to that vulgar French thing:

Has seating/picnicking area.

At the bottom of Park Lane, you have a ‘polygonabout’, which has a fair bit of space, for relaxing.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Finsbury Circus is actually quite a nice, quiet place to sit and relax, in the hustle and bustle of the City:

duntmatter
    Free Member

What about Old St roundabout in that London *shudders*

Got any pics Rudeboy?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Not sure if the beautiful Old St one is actually accessible, by the public.

Don’t think this lovely sand sculpture is permanent, mind:

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Rondabout Picnic Club – RPC’ is closed to new replies.