Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Roman Lakes to Edale route help
  • jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

I’m going to park at Roman Lakes tomorrow, head up and do zig/zag and was either thinking of heading towards Hayfield and then back round to do Little Mill Inn Descent and back down to centre, or maybe heading to Edale station and getting the train back to Marple and taking in Jacobs Ladder.

Been a while since I went up there, what’s the best route to take from Roman Lakes to Edale? Any basic instructions?

carlos
    Free Member

When you get to the top of the climb past Aspenshaw Hall, turn Right past Shouty Dog Farm, left at the road, 100 -150m turn right down Spinnerbottom on the Pennine Bridleway, Left at the bottom and pick up the Sett Valley Trail.

From the car park in Hayfield head over the main road with the church on your left, go right up the hill past the chippy then 1st left and 1st left again down Valley Road, go past the Campsite staying close to the river and at the road go straight on and the road bears right. Follow this and take 1st right over a bridge, at the fork keep right don;t go over the cattle grid. Just follow your nose on the tarmac until the road takes a hard right. Go straight ahead through a large wooden gate. Its not a great climb as its all loose but just follow this for about 2.5km and that’s Edale Cross. Keep going straight for Jacobs

Not what I’d call the best route but gets you there and includes Jacobs

Carlos

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Roman Lakes to Edale route help’ is closed to new replies.