Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Rollers recommendations?
  • jemima
    Free Member

Hi,

I fancy buying some rollers, mostly because I think they’ll be a bit more engaging than a turbo. I see you can get some with resistance settings so its not just about spinning ‘style’ but can be a proper workout so that seems sensible.

Anybody got any recommendations/favourites? Worth splashing out the cash for one with digital interface for power, speed etc?

Ta!

eskay

Cycleops aluminium

mrblobby
    Free Member

Considering a set of the sportcrafter rollers from Planet X. 200 quid for the resistance ones. They seem well regarded on here.

I’d not bother with any of the digital display stuff, I’d just use TrainerRoad.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I’ve got the Sportscrafter resistance ones. very good, even for hard sessions.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Cyclops alu rollers with resistance unit here.

Though the sportcraft rollers on Planet-X look virtually identical.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

sportcrafter make the cyclops ones so just go with whatever one is cheapest, same product different sticker.

benji
    Free Member

I’ve had the elite parabolics now for two seasons, dead easy to ride, and the warning squeek you get when you get close to the edge is great. Foldaway nicely, hinge not problematical. The only thing against is they don’t fold down as small as the tacx ones which you can also get a carry bag for, which is great if you want to take them with you for a warm up session before a race.

TiRed

Kreitler. End of thread.

lemonysam
    Free Member

I have Minoura Action Advanced ones which I got for around £120. They’ve not got a resistance unit, though if you can find one there is apparently one available.

They’re great, fairly quiet, easily enough resistance for threshold stuff although for real power down efforts I use a turbo. Really good for cadence work and improving pedal stroke.

I suspect the best combo might be cheap rollers and cheap turbo rather than one expensive model.

By the by, I’ve just started using TrainerRoad and it’s fantastic, whatever you get, think about factoring in a few quid for that.

SkillWill
    Free Member

Cyclops alu rollers with resistance unit here.

Same here.

jemima
    Free Member

Thanks folks. That TrainerRoad looks very interesting. Will look further into that.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Rollers recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.