Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Roller Garage Doors
  • yorkycsl
    Free Member

After a recent visit in the night & 3 bikes going awol I realized just how easy it is to open a roller garage door, if anyone has one or is considering a Glideroll door they are truly shite, ours was just prised up against the supposedly Very strong mechanism / motor, utter crap with the builders telling us they had never had one forced up in any of the houses they have built.

So after doing some digging we went for a LPBC rated door, ok a lot more money but with good youtube vids showing it being attacked were happy but a lot more security has gone in recently & whether it helps some good cctv & plenty of flood lights, also worth checking out are master Blaster Sirens linked into your alarm system, guaranteed to piss of the neighbours, make of new door not given for obvious reasons.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Sectional all the way, getting my hormann installed Monday 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

^ mine should be coming soon.

johndoh
    Free Member

If they want to get in, they’ll get in, no matter what you do.

Onzadog
    Free Member

ohndoh – Member
    If they want to get in, they’ll get in, no matter what you do.

unless my want to keep them out, is greater than their want to get in.

footflaps

unless my want to keep them out, is greater than their want to get in.

You’d be surprised, a friend beefed up his garage security so the scrotes just climbed on the garage roof and took it apart using crowbars, in full view of the neighbours with the alarm going off. They then jumped in and passed the motorbike up to their mates and just lifted it out of the garage and nicked it. This was Manchester, where law and order seems not to exist in certain boroughs. They knew the Police wouldn’t respond to a burglary, so had all the time in the world to nick it.

Police turned up a few days later and gave them a crime number.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I have a Seceuroglide Excel door, tested to the rigorous LPS 1175 burglary resistance standard…

SeceuroGlide Excel has been awarded the prestigious ‘Secured by Design’ Police Preferred Specification status to be one of very few products with this status for use around the home. Secured by Design is the official UK Police flagship initiative supporting the principles of designing out crime by use of effective crime prevention and security standards for a wide range of products and applications.

Only products which have been tested and meet the required technical standard can be awarded the Police Preferred Specification and the testing is tough. Research has indicated that Secured by Design usage can reduce burglary and car crime by up to 50% and criminal damage by 25% The first garage door tested and approved to police and insurance standards.

Several videos on youtube with them trying to break in :

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aes0Mfx5aRo&list=PL53B55826D3EE60B5[/video]

my mechanism is on the inside.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Roller shutter door, how to get in. Pickaxe, get one side of the pick at the side of the lath curtain. Side the pike under the bottom rail or bottom of the curtain with the wooden handle vertical, put the handle back to you and you will have enough of a gap for your mate to slide underneath and get in, if you mates fat use a small bottom jack of timber to make gap bigger, its a very quite way as well. Fit a ground lock at each side and electrically interlock them or risk burning your motor out if you forget to unlock them.

Sectional doors are the best with internal shootbolts.

allthepies
    Free Member

That roller moves an awful lot with just the bloke kicking it 😯

flatfish
    Free Member

I have installed dozens in my time and would never have a roller shutter on my garage.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

There was a vid with them trying to lever that roller door up and failing, but I can’t find it atm.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

they are truly shite, ours was just prised up against the supposedly Very strong mechanism / motor, utter crap

Didn’t you lock it?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Flatfish, what is on your garage?

flatfish
    Free Member

Flatfish, what is on your garage?

It’s a normal up and over door but with extra bolts and two hungry dogs roaming the garden. 😉
    Admittedly, the dogs are likely to piss on your feet with excitement rather than bite anybody. 🙄

yorkycsl
    Free Member

TurnerGav, yeah there’s a clip on youtube trying to crow bar it up but he fails, I’ve also got sensors on both ends of the door to trigger the alarm, plus a steel plate bolted to the floor and door to have the lot locked down in place, a inner steel door on the inside of the garage rear door, check out Bradbury security’s web site superb doors, there is always a way to defeat theft just a case of how much money you want to spend, but one guy is currently on remand awaiting sentencing as the cctv got him & it’s going to crown court as the police are treating it as burglary & domestic and carries a stiffer sentence apparently.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Roller Garage Doors’ is closed to new replies.