Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Roll Call – Sunday 25th July – Skipton mega loop
  • Wharfedale
    Free Member

Thanks for that TG.

We won't coming down the crag we'll be sticking to the BW into Eastby. The bracken on both sides of the crag is too thick/high to ride.

aldo69
    Free Member

i will hopefull join you if thats ok, never met anybody off here, spoke by email etc so it will be nice to put some faces to names, my mum lives in skipton not dont hardly any MTBing over there,

cheers Pete

dale
    Free Member

probably not going to make it 🙄
    enjoy the ride

gordy2
    Free Member

Thanks for organising the ride Stuart.

Its nice to put some faces to the stw names.

If a ride from Ilkley is still required 3rd of Oct would be good as I'm away most of Sept on hols.

Cheers G

Junkyard
    Free Member

was a cracking ride with some nice crashes

justme
    Free Member

Ilkley on 3rd oct sounds good to me
    thanks for that stuart really good day out g

luke.ellis
    Free Member

gutted i missed it but knee has been playing up so decided it was time to try resting it rather than fighting the pain. Hope all had a good day. Ilkley sounds like an idea. Done lots of riding round there but always good to see other peoples routes

Wharfedale
    Free Member

No problem! Had a really good day, cracking company as always on a STW group ride.

Hope the guys that took a fall aren't feeling too bad. I'll workup the stats on memory map in the morning and get them posted.

Thanks Johnny for the cake, it was a good base for the beer on the way home 😀

teagirl
    Free Member

Cracking ride everyone! Thanks for letting the slow ol' gal join you. The bike maintenance team were fantastic. Thanks for the excellent sorting out of my recurring STW rides/dodgy pads thing. I'm a little tired now, going to lie down…….. I'll train for the next ride!

grumm
    Free Member

was a cracking ride with some nice crashes

Pics please!

Junkyard
    Free Member

photographer rode down to jump for photos and crashed on jump.
    Photgrapher caused rider behind to crash
    Unfortunatey therfore Lowey has no pics 😆
    Fixing avids on the trail is dead easy despite what they say in this forum and no probs.

lowey

Pics here.

I suppose it was Karma really. We were tempting fate at the lunch stop talking about not crashing etc.etc., then Nick's fall was probably my fault also, so unsurprisingly, I took the big hit on the jump.

I have to say then even after a bottle of red and shit loads of hardcore painkillers, my fookin shoulder is hurting and I am sporting the early stage bruises that would grace any medical textbook.

Stuart.. AWESOME DAYS RIDING. Thanks very much for showing us around, I have to say that of all the STW rides that one is right up there. It had everything… big views, big climbs, some utterly sublime singletrack descents… and lots of techy stuff to get your teeth into.

A really nice group as well. Great to see Jacqui making the trip down as well.

Wharfedale
    Free Member

Cracking pictures dave, makes the sore legs all worth while!

Hope the shoulder is on the mend soon, you went down that hard I thought you'd broken something.

lowey

I did mate, my pride 😆

Its a good job we were in a group otherwise I'd have been crying my eyes out lol.

Bloody sore today, gonna take the youngest swimming instead of Gisburn, see if that will loosen it up.

Wharfedale
    Free Member

lol @ Lowey

Stats for the day….

28 Miles (mileage was down from 30 as you guys wanted to take the shortest possible route off embsay crag 😀 )
    3909ft up dale down dip

D0NK

Cracking ride Wharfedale thanks for organising, sorry to gib out but Mark's legs were toast, struggled up embsay moor but it was worth it 🙂

Would be interested in an MMO if you have it, email in profile.

hp_source

Looks like a great ride, sorry I didn't make it in the end… next time!!

Cracking pics lowey as always…. I do like this one, maybe it should be used for a campaign warning again the dangers of accepting jelly babies from strangers on moors.

😆

D0NK

hehe that does look a bit weird – "it's a girl! quick Graham you offer her sweets and we'll surround her, don't let her get away"
    🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

The sweets were hers ..but it does look weird

Wharfedale
    Free Member

Donk YHM

chutney13
    Free Member

gutted i couldn't do this, i love embsay.

Jellybaby
    Free Member

Ha ha even i don't know whats going on in this pic!

Cheers Wharfedale awesome ride and well worth the trip. Can't wait for the next adventure 😀

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Roll Call – Sunday 25th July – Skipton mega loop’ is closed to new replies.