Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Roll Call – Gorrick xc Spring Series 1, Tunnel Hill – Sunday 17th February
  • bennyboy1
    Free Member

Anyone braving the Winter elements for the 1st Gorrick ‘Spring’ xc race of the series this Sunday?

Tunnel Hill usually serves up an ace course, how’s the area holding up compared to the Gorrick Autumn xc race that used the area, it was riding nicely back in October.

Straightliner

It was riding nicely on Saturday, and it usually drains well so I’d guess for a pretty dry course.

pete68
    Free Member

Was hoping to but yet another cold has put paid to that. I seem to be jinxed at Gorrick events.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Hmmmmm going to sign up for this. Open 3. There is a lot of mud up there at the mo was up there today and yesterday. But im sure it will be fun.

shortcut

It was drying well this afternoon when I was up there. Some rai expected tonight and tomorrow morning but plenty of time for that to drain. New sections of trail are looking interesting and should make for a nice course.

Kryton57

Can’t be bothered to spend £80 for the day to get covered in shite, when I can do the same riding from home for free.

As I would be the grey unmentioned filler between the podium and last, what’s the point. Riding the long BORS sub 8 hours regardless of a position is something that us more meaningful to me.

Straightliner

Very helpful and insightful post there Kryton57.

dlr

Yep fun class for me, excellent events although a little pricey

Kryton57

Sorry straight liner. I’m sure it’ll be the usual fun and well organised event as always for those that want to enjoy it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Never done one of these, fancy doing the orienteering one in the Downs though.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I quite fancy this as a means to breasting myself fit…

I’ll enter on day though, weather dependant…

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Dammit forgot to pay online now got to pay 2 pound extra. Damn and blast. Although did find a wicked trail I have never ridden before today. It will be amazing when its dry.

pete68
    Free Member

How is it £80 Kryton57? Dlr says a little pricey but not that much!

weeksy

Norovirus and calf strain says NO to me.

Kryton57

Pete68 – that include petrol to get thier and back, hotdogs etc.

bennyboy1
    Free Member

Bump for the Friday afternoon crowd. 🙂

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I had a choice between the Gorrick and the cheaper Mountbatten Crit. I have opted for neither and instead I will be out on my TT bike with my team mate practising for next weekends 2up TT I have entered.

mcboo
    Free Member

It was awsome. Beautiful weather

Loads of standing water in the car parking area looked ominous but the general area was pretty dry and the organisers had put together a fantastic course. Hardly any mud at all and with a bit of moisture in the earth it was a whole lot easier to ride fast than in the height of dusty summer. All I did to clean my bike was brush off some dry mud from the downtube with my hand, oiled the chain.

If you havent done a Gorrick and fancy a go at racing there is a race for everyone, even my kids had a go. I got totally owned in the Super-Vets. I’m pretty new to XC, too many proper mtb hard men in that race.

bigdaddy

It was indeed great fun! Weather and course were fantastic (if a bit chilly early on!) I’ve been away from Gorricks for a while and got a shock in Supermasters as they all left me standing. Recovered to 14th, which I was happy with, absolutely battered myself with the effort though! Really good technical course, with suprisingly little mud – it was good to be back…

ollieT
    Free Member

It was a great course and really enjoyed it but noticed the step up from masters last year to 10th in super masters. Must try harder!

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Lovely weather, hated the course, mainly as it threw me off lots of times and ended up in a DNF. 🙁

mcboo
    Free Member

The Joolz Diamond photo website doesnt let me see the pictures. Anyone else have that problem?….maybe they are still uploading them?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Roll Call – Gorrick xc Spring Series 1, Tunnel Hill – Sunday 17th February’ is closed to new replies.