Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Roll Call! Forest of Dean – Wild Boar Chase this Sunday
  • wonnyj
    Free Member

http://www.fodmbe.org.uk/index.php

Who is doing this on Sunday? 38 places left apparently.

I’m down for the “Full Boar” 42 miles, hopefully it’ll be a fast-ish 42 miles rather than an all day slog.

What is the course like?

FuzzyWuzzy

Entered the Full Boar to although might end up switching to a shorter option if large parts of the course are a muddy slog (although from a reply on another thread I’m hoping that isn’t the case).

Sounds more like the HONC course rather than a CRC marathon type course so planning to leave my default tyres of advantage front/crossmark rear

wonnyj
    Free Member

Does HONC course mean fast and furious?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Nicknoxx
    Free Member

Well, I’ve got a place, but the weather forecast is “raining all day” currently, so I’m not looking forward to it as much as I was.

franki
    Free Member

Does HONC course mean fast and furious?

I’m guessing, it means a mix of bridleways, by-ways, road and forest tracks. (From the Hell Of The North Cotswolds event.)
    I’ve checked out the route maps (out of interest, I’m at a music festival that day…) and they would seem to bear that out.

wonnyj
    Free Member

weather won’t be that bad i’m sure….

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

Probably not, I’ve got a theory that the BBC forecast is always pessimistic so people don’t complain when they’re disappointed by bad weather. Metcheck is certain much more optimistic about the weekend.

senorj

I’m going.
    rain or shine.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Yup. Just looking at it for getting some miles in.

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

Weather forecast now shows no rain! Either way, I’m pretty much going whatever the weather and looking forward to it.

wonnyj
    Free Member

what did i tell u?! 😀

whiter74
    Free Member

Hope the weather improves, not happy some 300 riders will be riding some of our treasured trails like Dowies and causing damage. 👿

number562554
    Free Member

Have the Forestry Commission dropped their policy of keeping to hard surfaced paths outside of the area around the official trails then?

mattsccm
    Free Member

Whiter, you should be coming with us to Wales. You could watch Mike drag his trailer across the Monks Trod, the wetest green lane in the world. Lets hope Vess takes his camera. And the Strata Florida lane probably has 3 feet deep fords at the moment. 😆

amt27
    Free Member

did the Full Boar route tonight as a bit of a recky for the organisers in some lovely drizzle,
    course is running pretty good, few mud patches but nothing to worry about, did it on some dry weather race tyres with no real issues and yes it’s fast

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Roll Call! Forest of Dean – Wild Boar Chase this Sunday’ is closed to new replies.