Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Roll call for Trans Savoie
  • pymwymis
    Free Member

So who’s going ?

I’ll be there but only a a volunteer this year.

Let’s be ‘avin you…

mactheknife

Im in, canny wait 🙂 Its been a long year building up to this.

Not a chance in hell ill place well but i’m happy to just be there and ride hard for the week 🙂

pymwymis
    Free Member

You will have to wear proper STW facial hair so I can recognise you.

I’ll be transporting stuff from camp to camp and putting up tents, though I’ll get a couple of days as a Marshall on the days when camp doesn’t move, so I’ll see a bit of the course.

welshfarmer

I didn’t get a place 🙁 but having just returned from a TA trip and ridden a few of the stages all I can say is thank god I didn’t get a place :lol:. Some bit tougher than I had imagined and my old bones just would not be up to that sort of punishment, combined with camping, for 5 days solid. Still a bit jealous of anyone with the skills to do it and who actually has a place. Good luck and enjoy. From what I have seen it will be awesome

Madfly
    Free Member

I’m in. Got one of entries released in June.
    Both worried and excited.

pymwymis
    Free Member

Not much training time Madfly ! Or are you normally ridiculously fit ?

Madfly
    Free Member

Tell me about it! It’s pretty good normally but been putting some hard hours in.

What’s more worrying is that I was hanging on for a rocket, which sadly got cancelled. I get my hands on the bike I’m bringing at the end of the week with some setting up to do this weekend!

pymwymis
    Free Member

Nice timing. You won’t be the only one with a shiny new bike though I’ll wager.

Madfly
    Free Member

I bet, fingers crossed its still going at the end of the week….

mactheknife

My spitfire is pretty new. The old bike would never have lasted the week 🙁

Just got used to it now and its running like a dream. 🙂

pymwymis
    Free Member

This will be the first opportunity for the Liteville in the Alps can’t wait – shame I’m not in the race proper – so take pity on the moustachioed bloke putting up your tent each day !!

j3ffo
    Free Member

I’m in again. Raced last year, loved every minute, didn’t place very well. Hoping for less mechanicals this year. Wife is one of the volunteers again. We both can’t wait now as we are putting some serious hours in at work and in training at the moment…

pymwymis
    Free Member

J3ffo, what will your wife be doing ?

pymwymis
    Free Member

Just found her on the list – she’s in with luggage luggers and tent erectors like me. I just can’t quite bring myself to announce my role as Camp Assistant yet 😳

j3ffo
    Free Member

Yeah she is one of the camp assistants again. I’m one of the medical team so we are both involved to a degree. She said it was hard work at times last year, as you can imagine, but I get the impression there are going to be more volunteers this year. We are staying in France for a week after it finishes so at least we get some kind of proper ‘holiday’ too!

See you out there!

mactheknife

Last epic ride today, prep the bike and myself this week and i fly out on Saturday.

Really Really excited now 🙂

j3ffo, seriously hope i don’t need your expertise 😉

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Roll call for Trans Savoie’ is closed to new replies.