Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Rogate
  • mikey74
    Free Member

I am thinking of going there soon and was wondering if anyone could help with how to find the trails, where to park etc etc.

Cheers folks.

scaredypants

might be better off asking on SDH

(I've never been)

mikey74
    Free Member

You'd have thought so but that forum seems pretty dead.

Wibble89
    Free Member

It should be on this map. just park at the side of the road if its not busy. Think that they are soon to be charging for riding but not quite started yet.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=p&msa=0&ll=51.028615,-0.861654&spn=0.022618,0.066047&z=15&msid=105068830946226376303.000483185cb6043190592

dans160
    Free Member

From J10 on the M25 head south down the A3. Go past Guildford and through Hindhead. A few miles after Hindhead turn off the A3 taking signs to Liphook. Once you are in Liphyook follow signs to Rake/Petersfield/Rogate etc. You should now be on the old A3, sorry but I forget the roads name. If you are still heading the correct way you should end up going through a sleepy through village called Rake. Stay on that road until after a few miles you see a Vauxhall garage on your left. Just after that is a turning on your left signposted Rogate. A pub called the Jolly Drover will be on the corner. Stay on that road until you reach a T juntion. At the T junction turn left. The Rogate trails will be on your left after about 100 yards. Enjoy!

I will be there soon.

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks for the info folks :0)

convert

What is there exactly – that is only a few miles from me. I thought it was a sort of trials/ jump site for small boys on oversized BMXs – is that right or can you actually pedal there too?

Wibble89
    Free Member

Its short sandy dh tracks with berms, small drops, good sized doubles and a huge road gap.

Here's a couple of vids of my club trips, hope the camera man doesn't mind.

convert

Thanks for that – looks quite good!

Cookie
    Free Member

Please bear in mind that there is a meeting about the future of Rogate tonight. After tonight you will not be allowed to ride there for free. I believe it's going to be £70 a year for membership.

mikey74
    Free Member

What, even for people like me who live 65 miles away and therefore will only go a few times a year? Surely they must have a day price?

Cookie
    Free Member

I don't know anymore details. The meeting is tonight we will find out after that.

mikey74
    Free Member

Would you mind updating this after the meeting?

heihei

I spent a day there a few months' back and loved it. As a first visit, there was plenty there for 3-4 hours riding, although it is definately ride down / push back up, so is a case of taking the "biggest" bike you've got.
    I hope the meeting tonight results in some sensible conclusions, because it's a cracking venue. Whilst I'm a bit closer than the OP, I'd still be hard pressed to justify £70/year as I can't see me using it that often.

PS Video clip on youtube (user 5spotty) from our visit.

woodsman
    Free Member

£6 per day is my guess. The CTC/FC are trying to do something similar in my neck of the woods – Tilgate, West Sussex.

Please up date us as to the meeting or pm me. ta

smiffy

sleepy through village called Rake

I grew up there

mikey74
    Free Member

[/quote]The CTC/FC are trying to do something similar in my neck of the woods – Tilgate, West Sussex

That's near to me too (well, not far from East Grinstead anyway). Do you know what is the situation with that place?

dans160
    Free Member

Smiffy, so did I.

woodsman
    Free Member

mikey74, a month behind Rogate by the sounds of it. Meeting at the K2 Leisure centre Crawley at 7.30 pm. The najority of the locals don't want it, apart from a handful of the DH guys. Sounds like it's going ahead regardless, the CTC/FC are keen to steam roller this scheme across their 'public access' woodlands!

mikey74
    Free Member

I know a couple of dh guys were looking to lease a section of the land, which would have allowed them to build trails without the risk of them being destoyed and also stopping access by walkers, horsey people and motomorons. I would gave been up for that but I guess it seems to have been shelved now.

I don't have a problem with contributing to ride there as long as there is a programme of trail building and maintenence put in place, and I mean trails that are interesting to experienced bikers, not just ones for all the family.

Cookie
    Free Member

From an email I got about the Rogate meeting.

Hi Everyone,

We met up this week to chat about the next step for the club. Basically what we have got to so far is another date for the diary! Sunday 18th April the site will be closed for the day to any riding. We will be taping out lines and planning the layout of the site. Please feel free to come along with a shovel and your ideas! I am going to try and get the CTC to join us with the planning.

The Site will then be closed every 3rd Sunday in the month until we have got the main bits done. We could really do with the help on the site, so if you are happy to be asked to work on a particular corner or section and have a laugh and a get together off the wheels, it would be great to see you.

Many Thanks

Ed Rhodes

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks for the update.

l'd like to help, but I don't think it could be a regular occurance, due to how far away I live.

smiffy

Smiffy, so did I.

Wherabouts? I was in Primrose Lane.

dans160
    Free Member

Hill Brow. Mum and Dad are still there. I was riding those woods in the early 80s on my BMX!

mikey74
    Free Member

Is it worth going this weekend? What sort of state is it in?

Cookie
    Free Member

Latest update on Rogate.

There will be a Forestry Commission Warden to collect money.

If we want to carry on riding at all at Rogate this is the way it will work. If people keep destroying the work we are trying to do to keep the site legal for us to ride there, the site cannot continue and you will be removed from the site by the Police.

We want to keep the site open, and be able to ride there. If you ride regularly you can get a yearly membership (around £68) which will also provide you with membership to other sites including Aston Hill. We are Riding on Forestry Commission Land, it is no one's right to ride there, not mine, not anyone else's.

Aston Hill has been running in this same way, through the CTC, for a while, and has worked well. If anyone has questions please feel free to ask me, do not rely on the rumours that are around.

Thanks

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Rogate’ is closed to new replies.