• This topic has 9 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Thinking of visiting Rogate Bike park
  • c0rvus
    Free Member

Hi,

Thinking of visiting Rogate bike park as it’s not far away from where I live, but just wondering if there’s any sections for newbies around the bike 😆 because not everyone can do big jumps/drops yet haha, so maybe some flowy and progression sections. Also anything to be aware of while at the park?

Thanks

DezB
    Free Member

Hi mate, been there loads of time with my son – I’m a wheels on the ground XC numpty from the 90s and there’s loads I can ride at Rogate. Go, it’s great fun.
    The bottom section is mostly flowy runs with tables, which you can jump or not – there are trails style jumps near the bottom, easily avoided. I think there’s only one drop off I don’t do, and that’s easily avoid too – the rest are quite small and just go with the flow of the trail.
    Costs a fiver to ride there – I think you have to sign up on the B1KE site beforehand, but they’ll probably let you have a trial morning before signing up (we did). Sam and the fellas that run it are good eggs.
    Ah, it’s just a good fun place to go and ride for a few hours (if you don’t mind the push-up!) 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

btw – its closed tomorrow (Sunday) as there’s racing.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Yes give Rogate a go it’s very progressive.

c0rvus
    Free Member

@DezB
    Thanks for the input mate, I was planning to go there today but they’re closing a little early due to race preparation tomorrow. End up at Tidworth instead and scary jumps so stayed away from those and stick with Berminator (just the bottom half of it as its quite mellow for my skill).

Regarding the push-up hah yeah had my first taste of that at Tidworth 😆

Thanks, will probably give it a go soon.

akira

Keep on meaning to get over there as it’s only 45 mins away. Must make an effort.

c0rvus
    Free Member

@akira yeah, I’m about the same distance. So is Tidworth, only 45/50mins away from Farnborough.

DezB
    Free Member

Got a feeling I’ll be at Rogate on Monday.. 😊

akira

We can arrange an stw meet up at some point. Although if we can just discuss Sick bikes and picolax that might be more appropriate than actually riding.

DezB
    Free Member

We spent a few hours there in the sand and dust today. Great though, cos not too hot.
    Apart from having to go home after the first aborted attempt cos I forgot to fix Jr’s front brake. Doh.
    So dusty I had my first crash there, front wheel just disappeared under the sand on a corner.. bosh

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Thinking of visiting Rogate Bike park’ is closed to new replies.