Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Rode with a rigid fork and didnt die !
  • knottie8
    Free Member

Not having ridden a rigid forked bike for approx ## years today was the first time out with rigid forks fitted to my Inbred… and I loved it.Just thought I’d share that.. First pic i’ve posted in years too…

qwerty
    Free Member

Rigid is the new fat.

bikeneil
    Free Member

Rode with a rigid fork and didnt die !

Why would you? It’s just slower and more uncomfortable.

righog
    Free Member

You are not dead yet, you may wish you were tomorrow morning.

singlespeedstu

It’s just slower and more uncomfortable.

Depends on the rider and trail. 😉

knottie8
    Free Member

ha ha I think the SS gearing was the limiting factor to todays speed.. but hey it was fun and for me, something new to try. Oh and an excuse to post a pic…

cookeaa

If you have to ask… 🙄

Northwind

I do my best not to be a ****, generally. Day to day, it’s not cool to be a ****. But when I overtake people on a rigid mtb and they’re on a full suss, I’m always a **** about it.

Haven’t got one just now, still got the forks, might need to kneecap my Ragley for a bit.

jobro
    Free Member

Paul – post a pic of a proper rigid please!

And you need to get a 16T on the back 🙂

jobro
    Free Member

Rode with a rigid fork and didnt die !

Man you are so wrong!

I’ll happily race you on my rigid Niner to show you how fast they are

rexated
    Free Member

Looks good with the white fork….and I’ll bet it tracks better than it ever has compared to those zocchi’s you’ve had on there for ## years!

dudeofdoom

Hmmm got disk brakes…..I’ve got an inbred in my loft with only calipers 🙂

don’t think I sucessfully managed to ever ride it off-road without coming off or falling over which
    amused my m8 frequently.

danielgroves
    Free Member

Slower? Uh, That all depends on what you’re riding… even on fast rock-garden stuff I can easily keep up with mates on full-susses.

More uncomfortable… yeah, I’ll give you that one.

knottie8
    Free Member

there you go JB

Northwind

danielgroves – Member

Slower? Uh, That all depends on what you’re riding… even on fast rock-garden stuff I can easily keep up with mates on full-susses.

Sure, but are you as fast as you would be on the same? Not likely.

Just because it’s the law, here’s the photo I always post in a rigid thread:

Jesse Wigman, on his way to 40th overall in the fort william endurance downhill race on a rigid. 13 runs in 6 hours- I beat him by one place on a full dh bike, I rule.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Aw, great to see the old Inbred still going strong 😀

garage-dweller

Rigid 69r SS winter build just about polished off tonight. Proper parts bin special this one but for lazy limited maintenance winter riding should do the trick. There will be those who go faster but I won’t be wearing bearings out quicker than I can eat a packet of crisps.

m360
    Free Member

Rigid is the new fat.

Amen to that 8)

WildHunter2009

Rigid bikes are ruddy brilliant. I took my charge duster SS out yesterday with some mate. Rode a few of my local trails that iv been a bit wary of riding on the rigid before but had too as they wanted to hit them. Got a PR on one of the climbs and I cant remember the last time iv actually giggled quite so much. Looking at my strava i was def slower on the descents but not as much as I thought.
    Admittedly i think it might be more a hardtail thing than purely a rigid thing. I think they might just suit my riding style more. Anyone want a 26” Fuel in Perth ha.

paladin

First time out with my rigid, I found myself doing almost everything I can do with suspension.
    Not sure if this is a good thing or not…..

barkm
    Free Member

was a first for me also this weekend, was a lot of fun. Was a first on a 29er also, so may have been that but was amazed at how I didn’t miss suspension at all.

It was on this, delivered last week; (pic may or may not work hmm)

http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/blog/01/07/14/2015-bike-launch-longitude

Chuffed to bits with it.

Dickyboy

barkm – are the longitudes on general release now then? They are not showing on the Genesis website & I think I am feeling the urge to splurge 🙂

chip
    Free Member

Went out on my newly assembled winter bike this afternoon. Was meant to be a quick test blast around my local woods but ended up doing a couple of loops before heading off for a couple of hours on some trails further afield.

It was great fun and rigid made trails that were less interesting much more fun and you had to keep your wits about you as I was being pinged off wet roots being redirected that I would normally go over without thinking.

Also did not drop a chain despite running 1x using a ramped middle ring with a bare bones home made chainguide.

Suggsey
    Free Member

I’ve just had to go the other way with my on one 456′ due to not being able to source reasonable priced 9mm QR front hub UST wheelset so took off the On One rigid forks and stuck on some Bombers with the compression set real slow as there’s no lockout option 😆
    If all else fails, good excuse for new lighter front forks 😆

chip
    Free Member

I am running these beauties, arrived last week from CRC.
    Great ust wheels for the money, the valves did not have removable cores so used stans valves, joes jizz and no need for tape.

Cheap ust wheels clicky

takisawa2

You’ll get a 29+ in that fork Op.
    Might as well do a proper job. 🙂

IMAG4004 by pten2106, on Flickr

jfb01
    Free Member

Set my hardtail up with rigid forks about a month ago,cannot understand why I ever bothered with suspension.That reminds me,must put the racerx frame up for sale.Its good to know other people feel the same.

darkcyan
    Free Member

Love rigid. Great for local trails. Lose out to the suspension bikes at times but not much.

rigid rocks

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

This is my build for the winter. should be adequate for Yorkshire Dales winter pottering.

cheese@4p

Another fan of rigidity here. I don’t claim to be faster on it but often prefer the riding experience. Good to put the full susser in dry dock for winter too.

Marin
    Free Member

Run a rigid for night rides. Makes easyish trails more fun in the dark and less cleaning issues which is good.

jezketley
    Free Member

First ride out on my rigid winter bike since the weather turned. Light, maneuverable and great fun in the wetter conditions. Crashed though.

Anna-B
    Free Member

BA Nana good name/bike colour matching 🙂 Knottie give me 5-10 years and I’ll join you with a rigid fork. Or, a road bike, but you’ll be back into XC….. 😉 x

rogerthecat
    Free Member

I just love the simplicity – mines a rigid SS with cable discs – minimum faff maximum ride time. I’m sure I’d enjoy a full bouncer but they do seem a lot of bother to set up & maintain.

rOcKeTdOg

rigid here, waiting for a chronicle

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Did a local xc race rigid today. Didn’t die. Didn’t come last. Had lots of fun 🙂

Bit sore now though.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Rode with a rigid fork and didnt die !’ is closed to new replies.