Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Rodding point access
  • jsync

I’m trying to undo these screws to gain access to the drain but they are not budging any ideas?

Thanks

null

jsync

null

perchypanther
    Free Member

WD40 and an impact driver

Cougar

PlusGas and harsh language.

jsync

As it happens, I’ve just done that. Maybe put some boiling water on it then repeat I think.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Heat is your friend. Blow torch?

redmex
    Free Member

Very carefully take the whole aluminium end off, I can see a bit of the plastic socket . Just watch and not drop stuff down the pipe. Judicious hits with cold chisel then rubber mallet but watch your not lifting the orange pipe out next socket

bruneep

. Just watch and not drop stuff down the pipe

Top tip: ensure if you have a mobile phone in top pocket of boiler suit that the zip is done up.

Greybeard
    Free Member

Picture not showing for me

bruneep

null

finishthat
    Free Member

take your time and try to avoid whacking too hard – its cast and may crack.
    Heat a good idea and candle wax melted in whilst hot – it seeps in and down the threads when its warm.

oldtennisshoes

Kettle of boiling water over it.

jsync

Resorted to an impact driver, screws turning with that but still can’t do it by hand. Should they fully unscrew or are they 1/4 turn ones? Don’t want to smash them…

jsync

OK, the answer is they screw all the way out. Impact driver for the win! Thanks all.

redmex
    Free Member

Now for the messy bit and always read up how to use drain rods, don’t do the screws up tight maybe some lube

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Rodding point access’ is closed to new replies.