Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rocky Mountain Recall Mountain Bicycles Due to Crash Hazard
  • andreasrhoen
    Free Member

Maybe you bike one of those:

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2017/rocky-mountain-bicycles-recall-mountain-bicycles-due-to-crash-hazard

Hazard:
    “The brake cable housing was not secured properly during manufacturing, which can cause brake failure, posing a crash hazard to the rider.”

Great that Rocky Mountain caught this issue.
    But doesn’t sound like a big deal so.
    Something not secured properly on a new bike?

Never had a new bike myself where everything was secured properly…
    🙄

pigyn
    Free Member

Any shop that doesn’t check stuff like that doesn’t deserve to sell nice bikes :p

Who is just box shipping stuff without opening and setting up properly? We even make stuff tubeless as well free of charge. Might explain why we don’t make much money

tpbiker
    Free Member

Might explain why we don’t make much money

My experience of your shop, where you quoted me 50 quid to fix my fork, and then only charged me 25 is probably the bigger issue 😉 Far too honest for your own good 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Aw, wish i did have one of those!

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

@pigyn

Any shop that doesn’t check stuff like that doesn’t deserve to sell nice bikes :p

Who is just box shipping stuff without opening and setting up properly? We even make stuff tubeless as well free of charge. Might explain why we don’t make much money
    That’s great.
    But difficult to find such a shop.
    I tried hard with my first bikes. In the end there was only frustration and turned now to direct sales and fix all the stuff by myself.
    Great to hear that you do different.
    Good business and good luck for 2018!

PJay
    Free Member

Brake cable? I’d have assumed that a bike like that would have hydros. If the hose isn’t tightened in properly then I’d guess that there’s a chance of detachment or leakage which would be nasty.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

The problem seems to be that not enough slack was left where the cable loops under the BB, so a big landing at full travel would put a lot of tension on the brake hose and probably the rear mech cable outer. Probably enough tension to pop the cable ties and maybe enough to pull it off the barb…
    A simple enough fix if they haven’t cut the cables/houses too short.
    My Jekyll was a bit tighter than the Cannondale recommended slack, all I had to do was loosen the downtube cable clamps and pull a bit more slack through.
    No biggie.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rocky Mountain Recall Mountain Bicycles Due to Crash Hazard’ is closed to new replies.