Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Rocky Mountain in the UK?
  • happybiker
    Free Member

Has anyone had any luck with RM bikes in the UK since Evans dropped them? I’m sort of looking at an Element to use for some marathon type racing next year and they have some good deals at: http://www.rockymountainuk.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4 however there’s no contact info on the site, however you can buy from there, I’m not even sure it’s a legit shop?!

However if you look here, http://www.rockymountainuk.com the website is actually Greenover Sports with different (full RRP) prices. I’ve emailed them with no response.

So has anyone got a recent RM and if so where did you get it from?

singlesteed
    Free Member

Don skene cycles iirc.

RustyMac

I believe that Greenover is the new distributor for Rocky Mountain in the Uk

happybiker
    Free Member

Great, thanks! It seems their prices are nowhere near as low as the above site which leads me to believe it’s too good to be true.

devash
    Free Member

A few of the racing guys I know here (Italy) ride them. Legit bikes.

mega
    Free Member

crank cycles in Alton have recently become dealers – the new range look lush and the guys in the shop really rate them (buying them as their own personal bikes)

AlasdairMc

I’ve got a Blizzard on order from Wheelies – still waiting but should be early November

Northwind

Steve Deas at Icycles sells them- lovely looking bikes

munchiepumps
    Free Member

Sherwood Pines Cycles sell Rocky Mountain Bikes, they even have a couple of demo bikes you can take round the forest.

deviant
    Free Member

Tredz do them too, good bikes….funny how brands go in and out of fashion and people draw the conclusion that the bikes themselves must be rubbish.

happybiker
    Free Member

Wow,lots of positive feedback. I’ve always liked the brand and they have been around for ages. The Elements seem to be good race bikes! If I can get a 2014 carbon one for a decent discount I’ll definitely go for it.

bonesetter
    Free Member

I have an Element – one of the best 29er short travel FS, in fact of all FS bikes, it’s gorgeous all over

I emailed RM for a bearing set and they were spot on. They know they haven’t got representation here, so bend over bacj=kwards to get stuff to you and keep you riding

I certainly wouldn’t sweat it

vondally
    Free Member

29 er element owner here and really recommend, so mine has done trails, mountains and with slicks fred whitton,

sold a turner sultan to go to one bike the rocky mountain

bonesetter
    Free Member

Geo is good too – short CS, slack but fun

OE equipment – Formula R1 brakes, Srma X9

Hydroformed tubes, and a rear suspension to beat all others – climbing is uber efficient

Active braking is just a joy

When you email you talk to the source itself – when I was discussing bearings, I was talking to the bearing amn

nc21

Ae bike shop in SW Scotland selling RM s. I’ve had my 120mm Thunderbolt for 3 weeks and have been very impressed.

dan86
    Free Member

Greenover were impossible to contact when my Vertex cracked (second one to break, only 2 months old), ended up selling it as damaged. At the time they had just become the distributers and had an email that they never responded to, and no phone number online (that may have changed now).

I recently bought a frame from The Bike Shed (They have shops in Exeter/Crediton/Barnstaple) and they had Rocky Mountain’s in there, too. The Bike Shed

booktownman
    Free Member

Biped in Brecon are RM dealers. He had an Element 950 on sale there for £2k the other week, maybe still has it.

My main bike is Slayer SXC50, only the frame is original now! Greenover weren’t much use when I snapped a pivot bolt so I ended up having one machined for all of £25. Very tidy job!

nwallace
    Free Member

Think the Scottish shops are iCycles in Innerleithen and Cycle Highlands in Ballater.

Actually I know it’s Cycle Highlands in Ballater as that’s where I got my Vertex.
    Great bike, pity about the rider!

Edit: And the shop at Ae as I saw a Thunderbolt in there.

happybiker
    Free Member

The (first world) issue I’ve got is looking at the rear shock, the 950RSL comes with a CTD Evolution shock, which I reckon will be rubbish and can’t be tuned. The next model up has the FIT shock but costs significantly more. Anyone have a 2014 and any comments on the shock. They are also impossible to replace due to their tiny size (6×1.25″).

mega
    Free Member

blimey – check ebay out some bargain ex demo on there. quite tempted myself now….I fancy a thunderbolt

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I saw the ex demo deals on eBay too. Anyone got any experience of the seller?

bonesetter
    Free Member

Link to the seller?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The shock on the element can be replaced with a RS model that comes on the 990/999 bikes. My mate sells them over here and has been flogging loads in the last 2 years. Rode the previous altitude and the element, liked both. Some good bikes across all levels.
    Know quite a few running the element 990/999 as a complete race bike, upgrading to XX1 mostly. This however is Australia so a bit further away.

Marmoset
    Free Member

My 2012 970 Element runs an RS Monarch shock, so there are other options out there. I think it’s a great bike, handles like a 26″ bike, apart from on the uphill hairpins, where it’s length shows, and rolls over just about anything.

It feels like it has far more travel than it actually has.

The only problem I have is finding enough time to ride it.

happybiker
    Free Member

For those interested I spoke to the guys at Greenover sports and they were really helpful.
    Looks like I might be getting an Element 950RSL, I’ll be swapping the 100mm Floats for some 120 mm Sids and selling the stock wheels.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Beautiful bike

I have a DT Swiss 240s hubbed un-used rear wheel with 12mm TA FS if interested

happybiker
    Free Member

I’m probably going to use my Hope/LB carbon wheels for now, but thanks anyway.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Rocky Mountain were doing a demo day or something in Peaslake the other week. Hadn’t heard about it prior to seeing them there and no idea who sells them locally if anyone, but interesting to see them there.

Shinythings
    Free Member

Not surprising you’re seeing them in Devon. Greenover/iskute are in Paignton and I’ve seen some quite tasty models in the warehouse.

scotroutes

Don’t think that went unseen laddie!

Shinythings
    Free Member

vondally
    Free Member

Best choice for 29er frame element is a 120mm fork with travel adjusts and at the rear a fox , had the RS and it was awful compared to the fox which is ctd but really just leave it in trail and climbs wonderfully

dan86
    Free Member

Yes the Rocky’s on ebay are from Greenover (Their address is Paignton too)

happybiker
    Free Member

Which Fox shock? The model I’m looking at has the basic CTD model. Any idea what offset fork the Element’s come with? I’m trying to find a 120mm SID with 51mm but not having much luck.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Rocky Mountain in the UK?’ is closed to new replies.