Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Rocky Mountain ABC bushings
  • philfive
    Free Member

sooooooo still not got a real solution to this but i’m waiting the sales manager to ring me from Greenover, I have rang them and they have confirmed they are the new distributors for Rocky Mountains.

Unit A3, Westfield Business Park
    Long Rd
    Paignton
    Devon
    TQ4 7AU
    Postal Code / Zip : TQ4 7AU
    Phone : +44 1803 55 88 85
    Email : info@greenoverltd.com
    Type : Dealer

philfive
    Free Member

Stripped it down last night and not only do I need the bushings but i also need the metal inserts as they have indeed worn down 🙁

fingers crossed that the rockymountainuk guys can help me out.

you can also try here

https://www.facebook.com/RockyMountainBicyclesUk

cazum
    Free Member

🙁

hope you get it sorted out keep it upto date… also tell them i may buy a full set to be prepared if the price is ok! these shouldn’t be an expensive part at all! they should be pennies!!!

cazum
    Free Member

have they said when they will be selling RM’s? and when the website will be up and running?

philfive
    Free Member

They are ordering them for me and will let me know when they are here, I’m not expecting them to be cheap.

philfive
    Free Member

Well greenover have rang me saying parts have arrived, they are sorting them and will ring me again with a price.

cazum
    Free Member

Wtf they ordered them without giving you a price…..

philfive
    Free Member

They just got them in stock for me. the price was £50 for all 6 pieces of the kit so not too bad.

cazum
    Free Member

Not too bad still steep for 6 small bits of plastic used for a spacer…..

cazum
    Free Member

Did you take the measurements and compare them against the ones on the website I found?

philfive
    Free Member

cazum, its more to do with the nut and bolt assembly that was worn.

once they arrive i’ll take pics of the new and worn ones so we can compare.

cazum
    Free Member

ah yeah forgot you were getting to nut and bolt too! not to shabby then! yeah that would be great!

philfive
    Free Member

Unfortunately I fitted the new ones before a remembered about this lol

So below are the flanges and the metal inserts/bolts.
    The bushings are the same as those from igus and you can see one of the bushes has worn badly.

Close up of one of the inserts shows how worn they have become so I would say that you will need the whole set.

These have lasted over 3 years, so 3 years for £50 isn’t bad and the service from green over was great.

cazum
    Free Member

how did you get the bottom swing arm pivots out?? am struggling atm just doesn’t seem to want to move!

philfive
    Free Member

I just unfastened the shock and it allowed me loads of movement, obviously you need to remove both rear pivot bolts before you can remove the bushings.

cazum
    Free Member

cool i stripped the whole rear swing arm and sus linkage. stripped out all the bearings and changed them just 30mins ago. the enduro bearings that were in the frame were rough as toast!

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Rocky Mountain ABC bushings’ is closed to new replies.