Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Rocky Mountain ABC bushings
  • philfive
    Free Member

Does anyone have a clue where they can be bought from?

philfive
    Free Member

Anyone?

stayhigh

AFAIK Evan’s were the last UK distributors for RM however stopped at the end of last year. They maybe able to point you in the right direction but can’t be anymore help then that I’m afraid 🙁

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fandango
    Free Member

Yep, Evans. Failing that try emailing them directly.

philfive
    Free Member

Cheers.

d45yth
    Free Member

Aren’t they a standard bushing that ‘IGUS’ produce? Would probably be cheaper than buying from RM. You could also try Silverfish.

Northwind

You could try Icycles in innerleithen, Steve managed to sort something out for my mate’s flatline.

Marmoset
    Free Member

Phil,

Log on to MTBR and get onto the RM forum on there. I’ve actually had some great customer service by getting in touch with the factory via that forum. I think it was Alex I emailed and they sent me a chainstay guard FOC.

Rich

philfive
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice, I’ve mailed RM direct and also a local bike shop in Vancouver that have been helpful.

I’ve heard IGUS mentioned but not sure if this is correct, can anyone confirm this?

d45yth
    Free Member

Maybe it’s no help even if you can buy the bushings from elsewhere…apparently the aluminium fixings wear at a similar rate as them so usually need replaced at the same time. 🙁

Northwind

Yup, that’s exactly what happened to that Flatline I mentioned. They replaced it with a less worn one they had lying around out of another flatline. I thought it was poor maintenance but it turns out They All Do That Sir.

philfive
    Free Member

So I need the bushings and the aliminium fixings? So it’s the bolt on the blow out diagram?

Might have to see how I get on with the Canadian bike shop as RM have been useless so far.

cazum
    Free Member

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140912106220?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

erm… that what your after??

if not you got a picture? starting to make me worry i have RM altitude 50

cazum
    Free Member

ah see what your after now…..

erm…. i might be interested in this too as i could do with them so when if give the bike a bearings change i will change the bushings!

cazum
    Free Member

just messaged RM on FB too! to ask the question…. hopefully with it being public they might answer quicker 🙂

philfive
    Free Member

Cazum

No I’m after the pair of bushings on the rear swingarm just above the dropouts.

They seem to be a bit tricky to get hold of.

I have found out that they are made by Igus but RM won’t give me the Igus part number.

philfive
    Free Member

Here are the drawings it’s part number 13

cazum
    Free Member

do you have a link to those blown out drawings? so i can zoom in better?

cazum
    Free Member
    philfive
    Free Member

Hmmmmm I’m even more confused.

cazum
    Free Member

the bushing sizing are on the drawings… so i just looked up the sizing on igus site… but according to that MTBR thread one of the guys says the the bushings are specially made for them….. (could be the reason for the 5.5 size)

philfive
    Free Member

Yeah I read that too and the guys at igus seemed think they could be special order.

Let’s see how I get on with Canada.

cazum
    Free Member

sorry got them the wrong way round….

http://www.igus.co.uk/iPro/iPro_02_0004_0000_GBen.htm?c=GB&l=en&LANG_IPRO=de

that one there on the website you can select a ID=12 OD=14 L=12 which is the sizing your looking for!

the other one

http://www.igus.co.uk/iPro/iPro_02_0004_0000_GBen.htm?c=GB&l=en&LANG_IPRO=de

you can select ID-12 OD=14 L = 5 (where the RM one is 5.5)

hope that makes more sense

philfive
    Free Member

Do you think 5.5 would work?

philfive
    Free Member

They look spot on.

cazum
    Free Member

atleast you know that is an option if you dont hear back from RM or there prices are OTT!

cazum
    Free Member

how worn are yours? what year is your altitude? and how often have you used it? just looking to get a rough idea when i should be checking mine. am just in the middle of my 1st shock and fork service (arrpox 30hr’s use) so would be good to know what else i should be on the look out from a fellow altitude user 🙂

philfive
    Free Member

3 years old, ridden 3 times a week and hammered all over including lakes, antur, Wales most weekends. Did the bearings last year but bushing seemed fine.

philfive
    Free Member

Good to see another person with an altitude, there great bikes. I ditched the 140mm fox forks and run 150mm revs with a short stem, wide bars:-)

I’ve gone through a few shock mount bushings but everything else has lasted well.

cazum
    Free Member

do you find the BB height alittle low? what was your reason for the 150 revs? are they good?

so far i have

went 2 x 10 (22t and 36t) with a bash
    upgraded the wheels to hope pro evo 2 and mavic en321’s
    fitted a KS i900r dropper
    fitted a KMC X10-93 chain as i snapped the std shimano one after 2 rides!
    fitted 780mm bars
    fitted 60mm stem
    just serviced and shim modded the RP2 shock

yeah i agree its a great bike i love it! shame the evans no longer do them and that there are no RM dealers in the uk! 🙁

philfive
    Free Member

Yeah the bb is a little low but you get used to it.

Mine came with an RP23 🙂

Yah I run a double as well and run better wheels the only thing I haven’t done is the dropper post.

Rocky Mountain have emailed me saying greenover distribution are UK distributors for them.

cazum
    Free Member

rp23 lucky sod….. lol

dropper is magic!! 🙂

who the ….. are greenover distrobution….. can’t find nothing about them apart from they go scooters and are in a unit somewhere with no website…. lol not looking too great for them if thats the best they can do over here!

did they say that they would be able to get the bushings for you and give you contact details?

philfive
    Free Member

I’ve been quoted a $100 🙂

cazum
    Free Member

For 20quids worth max shocking….

That includes delivery?

philfive
    Free Member

They never said but I’d think it does.

I might just order one of those igus ones and see.

cazum
    Free Member

keep this thread updated i would love to hear how this turns out!,

ps, was there a reason you switched to rock shock from the floats?

philfive
    Free Member

The stanchion worn quiet bad for no reason so bought some of the rev rct3 forks.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Rocky Mountain ABC bushings’ is closed to new replies.