Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Rockshox Zeb
  • singletrackandi

Just double-checking the info that SRAM sent us in the PR and what we have posted is correct based on that PR. The specs listed in the story are direct from the PR and state:

Zeb Ulitmate: offset: 38mm (27.5″), 44mm (27.5″, 29″)

Zeb Select + :offset: 38mm (27.5″), 44mm (27.5″, 29″)

Zeb Select : offset: 38mm (27.5″), 44mm (27.5″, 29″)

Zeb R (both models): offset: 44mm (27.5″, 29″)

https://singletrackworld.com/2020/07/meet-the-all-new-rockshox-zeb-family/

We will be in touch with SRAM to get to the bottom of this.

singletrackross

@greeny30 – thanks for reading the articles, and RockShox do list a 51mm offset on their site for the 29er Zeb, but that is only available OEM. For aftermarket buyers RockShox only offer the 29er Zeb in 44mm. They offer a LOT of different variants for all their products but they’re not all necessarily available to everyone. With the Zeb, they’ve gone with the offset they think will best suit the intended bikes and the most amount of riders. Hope this clears things up a bit. Cheers

chakaping
    Free Member

Is it just me that’s happy to see less choice in offsets?

Just pick something that works and stick with it please bike industry.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I mean to be fair, any of them that start with a 4 or a 5 work (when talking 29ers).

Can’t believe such a song & dance is made about a few mm offset & the difference it supposedly makes. It’s guff.

chakaping
    Free Member

But you don’t understand the FOMO I have with my 51mm forks!

greeny30
    Free Member

Clear as mud singletrackross thanks, you stated in the article “the new zeb is only available in one offset per wheel size with rockshox settling on 44 for 29 and 38 for the 27.5”, your words Ross, but it appears 27.5 is available it 44 too, which makes me a happy bunny 🙂. Cheers singletrackandi, your article seems right so give Ross a slap.😁

poah
    Free Member

But you don’t understand the FOMO I have with my 51mm forks!

Think of those that crave 37mm offsets

matt_outandabout

I just wish they would make them in the old Psylo Race gold colour….

benpinnick

Slowly but surely the offset creeps back to what we were riding 4 years ago….

SirHC

What’s new? Not the first time and won’t be the last. Surprised we didn’t see a 20mm pinch bolted axle make an appearance, but that would make sense…

Vast majority of the industry is clueless, substandard engineering, poorly validated, poor manufacturing (and QC) and over priced (for the quality you get).

Amazing when you read the articles on fork offset and no one can really explain it (apart from CP), the manufacturers won’t mention why they’ve changed (I suppose they could say, well Chris Porter said it was betterer).

chiefgrooveguru

“Slowly but surely the offset creeps back to what we were riding 4 years ago….”

Good point!

46, 51, 42, 44.

Progress! 🙈

chakaping
    Free Member

Well that’s just not true for 29in, we’ve been on 51mm offset for time.

I don’t really notice any issues on two of my bikes, but the longer one does feel like it might perhaps benefit from a shorter offset, but I’m **** if I’m spending £900 to experiment with it.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Zeb’ is closed to new replies.