Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Rockshox xc32's etc
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Are these similar to the old Tora’s looking for something similar to the Tora SL I have on my old Carrera Vulcan. Also there is the xc32 solo airs. Any cop.

ads678

I’ve got coil xc32’s on my inbred 29er and can’t fault them. As long as you remember they’re not intended for fort William DH they’re great for the price. I paid £99.99 from On One. Look good as well.

And yeah I think they are equivalent to Tora’s.

jonk

Turn key damping on them is pretty bad compared to motion control. XC28 = Dart, XC = Tora etc.

ads678

They are very cheap, you can’t really expect the same level of damping as reba’s or fox! It’s all relative. They are fine for non too technical riding on a budget. In fact they are very good for non technical riding on a budget!

I did a 2ft drop off some gabion baskets on the way home from work once and they didn’t like that but that’s not really their forte.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

I’m just after something better than the suntour xcm I have on now which are a bit crap. So was a choice of these or Epicons. I’m due to inherit a decent some of money next year (£10,000) from my grans house sale so new bike and house deposit so this bike will be traded in. But in the mean time want a new fork for £180 coil or air and 100mm

ads678

£180 could get you some pretty good second hand ones. Might even get you some reba’s or u-turn pikes or somthing. Depends what riding you gonna do on them.

ads678

There’s some fox 32 100mm for £130 on the classified. Nothing to do with me
    , just saying.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Trail centre gisburn and normal xc I’m not a hard rider. Prefer new. Not after anything fancy

Northwind

If your XCMs are working properly, then they’re pretty much equivalent to 28s and not drastically worse than 32s. It’d be a small upgrade for a disproportionate amount of money, IMO.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Radions or Epicons then?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox xc32's etc’ is closed to new replies.