Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • RockShox Tora
  • dogtiredandwired
    Free Member

I got a new Orange P7 with RS Tora forks on it just before Christmas, and I must say these forks are unbelievably bad.

Are they normally like this, or do I have a bad pair?

They seem to sag to about 1/3 of their travel initially, and then do not react to any further bumps, being particularly insensitive to small-bumps. This is regardless of the compression damping setting.

Anyone else got any experience?

djglover
    Free Member

ask the dealer? Sounds wrong to me, I got some recons and the performance is indistinguishable from pikes

davo
    Free Member

I’m just waiting for my p7s to arrive. getting it with the cycle2work scheme so had a 1000 pound limit or i would have upgraded the forks. hope there not as bad as you say 🙁

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    davo
    Free Member

is the tora a air fork or coil?

Chalgo
    Free Member

I had tora coil 302 on my last bike and they were terrible compared to my pike coil 454

dogtiredandwired
    Free Member

Yep, I have the coil too.

I got this bike on cycle to work as well, which is why I did not go for the initial upgrade. I may change them very soon.

Any suggestions as to what for?

davo
    Free Member

how do you rate the bike? have you put many miles on it and how are the other bits holding up?

dogtiredandwired
    Free Member

The bike is brilliant! I have the singlespeed, but I absolutely love it. It is the best handling bike that I have owned to date, and rides much lighter than it’s (admittedly considerable) weight.

Just the forks are pish.

davo
    Free Member

what size frame did you go for and how tall are you?

dogtiredandwired
    Free Member

I’m 6’1″, and got a 19″. Perfect fit (34″ inside leg if you are interested :-))

WipeOut
    Free Member

I’ve got Tora’s on a bike I use and they’re okay.

However first time I rode with them, they leaked oil everywhere and had to go back for repairs. Okay since then, but not as good as my Fox F100’s or Pike 454 airs; but they’re a lot cheaper.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘RockShox Tora’ is closed to new replies.