Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rockshox SID – tyre clearance
  • Country_Gent
    Free Member

Anyone tried running 2.35″ Maxxis tyres on Rockshox SID forks? Are there any clearance issues?

I am after a set of 120mm forks with a 15mm axle for my hardtail and On-One seem to be doing a good deal on the SID XXs. I know some of my mates have struggled with Rebas in the wet with the tyre jamming under the bridge.

Zoolander
    Free Member

Recently bought some of those from on one. Running 2.25 nobby nics and there’s acres of space. They look to be the same size as the rebas they replaced and I managed 2.4 nics in those, although it wasn’t that muddy. Would have thought you’d be fine.
    Nice forks as well btw. Very pleased with mine

Hairychested
    Free Member

@OP, just so you know I managed to lock the front wheel shod in 2.1 Medusa when mud was at its best despite the fork being a Bomber z150sl. Sufficient amount and quality of mud will do you any time, regardless of tyre/fork combo.

Country_Gent
    Free Member

Thanks Hairychested, I understand that you can lock any fork given enough mud however the Rebas that some of mates run seem to have much less clearance than my Fox 32 Floats hence the question.

djflexure

run sid team 100mm and ignitor 2.35 no problem

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox SID – tyre clearance’ is closed to new replies.