Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rockshox Sektor DPC Problem
  • wurzelcube
    Free Member

Has anyone experienced problems with a dual position coil on a sektor spring assembly not working? I’ve got one in a revelation fork and the reduced travel setting doesn’t work I.e fork stays at 150mm.

I unbolted the top of the spring assembly, it looks a plastic collar a couple of inches down from the top of the spring is cracked but I’m not sure if this is critical to the the operation of the DPC (assuming it probably as is as it doesn’t work but can’t find any info on the web)

carlos
    Free Member

Has it worked previously?

Not had any issues with mine (spare set of forks) and swapping the DPC spring assembly for a stiffer one was a piece of cake.

There is a split washer (grey colour) in the assembly I think your on about, which ‘could’ look like something is cracked unless you’ve removed the full DPC assembly.

Carl

wurzelcube
    Free Member

Ah – perfect I though it was cracked, good to know it is supposed to be split. I wonder why it doesn’t reduce down to the minimum travel setting.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    carlos
    Free Member

Use the O ring to check your getting enough travel to engage to DPC. There should be a mark on the stanction about 3-4″, took me a couple of hoes to get it to work without trying, also you might have to strong a spring in there for your weight.

wurzelcube
    Free Member

Thanks I’ll have a go in the morning and will get the measure out – so for the minimum travel setting I need to flick te lever and compress 3 to 4 inches?

carlos
    Free Member

Yeah pretty much.

When sat on the bike flick the dial on top of the left leg to min and compress 3-4″. To get back to full travel, flick the dial to max and compress again. It it doesn’t engage then get a fat mate to try, if that doesn’t work then either they’re not DPC or they’re borked.

There is (should be) a marking on the left leg above the sag settings with 140/150 and a sort of speech bubble. The forks need to compress this much for it to engage.

You can just make it out in the pic – http://26bikes.interbikes.eu/file/19690/rock-shox-sektor-rl-dpc-fork-2012.jpg

HTH

wurzelcube
    Free Member

I didn’t have the patience to wait until tomorrow; I’m only able to compress them 3 inches or so – it’s a firm spring so I suspect the problem is I need a softer spring. I’ll set it to minimum next time I ride and will look for some big and safe to bounce off to try and get 4 or 5 inches used.

wurzelcube
    Free Member

I’ve put the coil in a revelation so don’t have the markings on the fork; I need to get a fat mate to bounce it!

carlos
    Free Member

Ah. If you need a Med (standard) spring that has red dots on I’ve one in the garage. It’s only a couple of rides old whilst I waited for the Firm to arrive.

£35 posted

Part #11.4015.540.080 – Coil Spring Dual Position Coil/Shaft/top Cap/adjuster Knob assy, Medium Red 150mm – 2012 Sektor

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Sektor DPC Problem’ is closed to new replies.