Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • RockShox Revs rebound adjustment
  • Jamze

Serviced my forks this weekend. All good, new seals/wipers/oil, now work like new (including a bit of stiction, that will go).

Fiddling with all the adjusters last night to check it all still worked.

Remind me how many turns of adjustment there is with the rebound? i.e. if I wanted to set the rebound to the mid-point, how many turns from fully on?

2008 coil Revs with Motion Control.

Cheers.

jairaj

ermm … surely you can wind it fully one way then the other and just count it?

But from memory I think there is about ~20 clicks of adjustment from one side to the other.

plyphon
    Free Member

The mid point is exactly half as many turns as the full range of turns.

HTH

Jamze

Thanks. Haven’t touched it for ages, and couldn’t remember if it actually stopped if you wound the adjuster right out, or just keeps turning…

getonyourbike
    Free Member

You’re really not making the most of your suspension if you’re just setting rebound to the middle all the time. The middle is not the optimum or the perfect compromise. Especially as the amount of rebound damping needed changes with your weight, air pressure and riding style. Try experimenting on some different trails with different rebound settings and you’ll probably find that you’ll find the correct amount of rebound damping for you isn’t the middle. Generally, faster is better within a limit, but it’s hard to explain just how fast, if that makes sense. You’ll also find that as you get faster, you need to run faster/less rebound.

jairaj

The middle is not the optimum or the perfect compromise. Especially as the amount of rebound damping needed changes with your weight, air pressure and riding style.

+ 1

Generally, faster is better within a limit

See I prefer the opposite. I’d much rather my forks packed down rather than pop up too fast. Makes for a more stable ride.

Which backs up the suggestion that more experimentation is needed to see what works for you.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Yeh, rebound is really subjective.

Coming from the perspective of a racer, I run my suspension faster for more grip and to float over stuff better. I quite like a bit of pop too- I’m used to it; more time in the air and less getting slowed done by bumps. If my priority was freeride stuff and jumps (not that I don’t like jumping) then I’d running everything slower with even more compression damping.

Basically, between the 2 of us, we’ve said that you need to play around with it.

svalgis
    Free Member

The middle is a good starting point for “playing around” and “finding your preference” though.

Jamze

All good points. Yes, plan was to start in the middle then experiment from there. My riding has changed quite a bit, lost some weight, trying to be quicker and smoother. So now the forks are plush again, keen to try different settings.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘RockShox Revs rebound adjustment’ is closed to new replies.