Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • rockshox reverb problem,advise needed.
  • mrbump
    Free Member

hi,my new reverb has got aprox. 10mm of downwards movement when i sit on it when i’m not activating the remote. a sort of suspension effect. is this normal?

matthew_h
    Free Member

Nope, definitely not normal. Take it back to your retailer and get them to send it back to Fishers for a warranty repair

geetee1972
    Free Member

This happened to mine after a week of abuse in Verbier. Fisher’s fixed it within two days. Definitely needs fixing.

porter_jamie

check the air pressure. use your shock pump. if it is low, try pumping it up, if it wont hold the pressure it is broken, needs a new airseal. needs about 250psi i think.

DickBarton

Mine was sent off – I had a sort of fizzing noise from it when compressed or extended. Apparently it had £172 worth of work done to it…it doesn’t wobble side-to-side as much but otherwise it feels identical to how it was before it was sent away.

The fizzing noise, I’m thinking is now somehow down to a carbon frame with no breathe holes…the fizzing sound is air moving around the frame somehow???

Anyway, I think it was back in the shop 2 days later – so 3 days without the post…thought that was pretty bloomin quick.

Sorry, other difference is the barb piece that goes into the post is the new version rather than the previous style (unless it is the previous style without the plastic shroud over it!).

Seems to be rather fine so I’m plenty happy with it!

porter_jamie

The reverb does not displace any air in the frame during actuation, it is all contained within the seat post assembly. Does it do it when removed from the bike?

DickBarton

Yes, but doesn’t after about the 5th compress/rebound cycle…

porter_jamie

weird!

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

Mine did the same, checked the air pressure and it wouldn’t hold more than 100psi, was fixed under warranty.
    Dick, was yours less than a year old?

goatster
    Free Member

Cupid, all RS stuff has a standard stan/rs 2 year warranty.

DickBarton

Yes, about 5 months old.

Fitted a standard post and it also made an ‘air moving’ sound when installing and removing…I’m guessing due to lack of breath holes in frame and posts the air is moving about the frame…

No definite evidence just what it sounds like…

Neil-S
    Free Member

Mine had the same fault as the OP ^

Returned to Fisher on Friday by my dealer, was back on Thursday. Got to say the RS warranty is very good.

The service sheet said “Air Gap in Damper”.

Just send it back, assuming you got it from a UK dealer 😉

DickBarton

Won’t matter if you bought it in the uk or not…it is a worldwide warranty so contact your local SRAM dealer and they do the rest.

Jeffus
    Free Member

When mine started playing up loosing height , my LBS sent it off came back pretty quick fixed and working , modified seals etc… great service.

zangolin
    Free Member

mrbump – Member
    hi,my new reverb has got aprox. 10mm of downwards movement when i sit on it when i’m not activating the remote. a sort of suspension effect. is this normal?

Interested to know if it’s a 2011 or 2012 model?

Vortexracing

Mine felt ‘notchy’ so i sent it back to Tweeks Cycles (original place I bought it from) on Monday it was repaired and back here yesterday.

Very, very impressed with the turn around time.

Well done RS service centre 😀

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

mine was notchy at the start of travel, took it apart put some pace grease on the main slider, and now its perfect, also if you are losing air try replacing the air valve.

toys19
    Free Member

mine has just gone notchy. I started to disassemble as per this vid, but I dont have a big enough for the bottom and top nut things. Have to wait till monday. [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBAHcrOVps4[/video]

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘rockshox reverb problem,advise needed.’ is closed to new replies.