Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rockshox Reverb Oil
  • neil853
    Free Member

Is it in any way unique? Or will any 2.5wt sus oil do?

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

I’d like to know also. From what I’ve read about the Reverb, the early versions came with a bottle of 2.5wt suspension fluid. Now, they come with a bottle of Reverb hydraulic fluid, which could well be their pink mineral oil, or it could still be the 2.5wt suspension fluid. Printed on the side of the post is ‘Reverb oil only’ near the bleed port. So it could be either. I suspect, RS want you to buy a tiny bottle of the expensive stuff and not a litre of the same stuff at the same price. So, in conclusion, dunno!

strike
    Free Member

I’m going to take a guess that it’s Torco RSF Light (2.5wt), based on the fact that RS used Torco oils prior to switching to Maxima (and Maxima do not produce a 2.5wt oil).

strike
    Free Member

Srub my last post!

Just seen that Maxima also produce Racing Shock Fluid in a ‘Light’ variant, so I’d guess it is this (again, based on the fact that all the Pitstop oils are sourced from Maxima).

LoCo
    Free Member

2.5wt fully sythetic oil is fine, have motul in stock 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

Also interested in this – as the bottles seem to leak when left on their side in the box, so I now have two Reverb oil-impregnanted cardboard boxes.

neil853
    Free Member

I’ve recently used just 2.5wt oil, worked fine. Then of course the typical air loss problem happened and the good guys at Fishers warrantied it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Reverb Oil’ is closed to new replies.