Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • rockshox reverb connectamajig
  • cultsdave
    Free Member

I have found a good deal on a 2013 Reverb Stealth. I assume it doesn’t come with a connectamajig as there is no mention of it, the 2014 ones do. Is it possible to buy a connectamajig and fit it? If so where from as I can’t find any for sale?

Cheers

cultsdave
    Free Member

Someone must know the answer?

LoCo
    Free Member

Not seen anything TBH, I’m not sure I’d trust a sram quick release hydraulic coupler 😉
    Was discussing fitting a highend one to for one of the team riders to make the post and saddle easy to remove to fit in his car stood up and for servicing, but decided it was too exspenive and faffy to do in the end and are just going to run external hoses.

danrandon
    Free Member

just checked with Fisher technical and all you need to buy is a new hose kit for the 2014 stealth post.

cultsdave
    Free Member

Thanks for that.

danrandon
    Free Member

no probs was only a quick call

cultsdave
    Free Member

Now struggling to find a 2014 hose kit for sale!

LoCo
    Free Member

Sorry wrong end of stick.

Checked drawings and checked stocks on Fisher site, not in stock and no delivery date, will check with them if they have a projected ETA next time I speak to them. 😀

strike
    Free Member

I’ve been looking in to this as well, as was told by SRAM UK that you would never be able to buy the Connectamajig (how true that was/is, I don’t know).

What I do think is the Formula Speed Lock <inline> kit will also work

http://www.silverfish-uk.com/ProductDetail/8457/11737/SpeedLock-Hose-Kit-Inline-2-Piece

Plus you it can be joined infinitely (unlike the Connectamajig).

sykik
    Free Member

I have a 2013 reverb stealth and am fairly sure it has a connectamajig. I would double check but unfortunately it’s away for repair at the moment.

daver27
    Free Member

conectamajig can only be disconnected 3 times according to SRAM before you have to do a remote bleed.
    in my experience, they should reword that instruction to:

“connect the connectamajig and bleed the system, then if you disconnect, bleed it again, and then bleed it again for luck, you’ll need it”

Utterly pointless thing (the connectamajig, not dropper posts).

Crell
    Free Member

I started to fit one a few weeks ago then got held up tryng to figure out where to do the decouple without wrecking it / leaking fluid everywhere. There’s nothing in the instructions, SRAMs website or youtube that explains how it works which is pretty crap customer service.

I found a thread on MTBR that explained how to decouple, as it’s not that intuitive when you look at it in your hands!

Connectamajig is 2014 only, and they aren’t particularly cheap (Mine was 240) when compared to buying say a 2013 stealth for ~200. You’re paying a lot for that coupler.

Daver27 I take it you’ve not been happy with yours then?

daver27
    Free Member

not in the slightest bit impressed. doesn’t make the job ANY easier, you still have to disconnect the hose to remove the post. and whats the point if you have to perform a long arduous re-bleed pretty much every time? thats what its meant to stop, so it might as well not be there!

Not a fan of the reverb anyway, far far to unreliable. the stealths in particular are beyond unreliable (around a 50% failure rate), the last one i had failed on the second ride (at the connectamjig).

Northwind

Is it not more or less so you can remove it without any leakage when you have to send it back on warranty?

philfive
    Free Member

so can you replace the connectamijig with a normal 2013 hose without it?

the connector thingy has made it impossible for me to put the post all the way into the seat post.

Northwind

Mine came with a little leaflet explaining the connectamajig, crell, probably you should have got one as well?

I like the idea… “We’ve made it easier to remove this from your bike when it breaks. No, I mean, when you want to take it out for some other reason…”

Gee76
    Free Member

I looked into this a bit and was a bit unsure if the conectormajig would even fit thru some of the stealth holes in some frames.

In the end I concluded it was more of benefit to manufacturers when initilly assembling bikes for sale than to us jo-public doing our own spannering.

Formula connector is a good shout.

Northwind

Gee76 – Member

I looked into this a bit and was a bit unsure if the conectormajig would even fit thru some of the stealth holes in some frames.

It doesn’t have to mind, you can remove the hose from the lever end (credit to Rockshox, the threaded hose fastener thing seems a good move)

Just realised I repeated myself up the page, I’m even boring myself 🙁

Gee76
    Free Member

Haha… Aye agreed that was a good move (threaded barb thingy). If your doing that tho you’ve already started to erode the reason for having the connectamajig in a way.

Probably a good thing for those who swop out a post regular. I thought the only time I might do it is on DH days and for the er odd er “Service”. But then bleeding is pretty straight forward so for me I thought its just not worth the premium.

If I was cyncial I might say it massively helps manufacutrers save time during assembly and has been sold onto us at a premium!!. I am not Cyni-Al though… he’ll be along in a minute 😉

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘rockshox reverb connectamajig’ is closed to new replies.