Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rockshox revelation wiper seal blown out
  • Schweiz
    Free Member

Was happily riding along compressing the fork on a downslope and it went “pop”. The grey wiper seal on the LHS lower had popped out and all positive pressure was lost. I managed to jam the seal back in with a multi tool and pump the fork to get home but the seal popped out again on the next ride.

Is this seal just a press fit or is it glued in place? Although the seal looks in good condition, i suppose it may be deformed in some way and need replacing. Is there anything else likely to be wrong? I never stripped an air fork before and I’m slightly surprised if the entire positive pressure is contained by this seal. Sounds to me like I have a further problem.

Cheers
    Schweiz

seanodav
    Free Member

the seal is press fit no glue etc needed, could be the moco has dumped its oil into the lowers causing enough pressure to blow the seal?
    If they are oem forks they might not have an oil seal below the sponge wiper

Seamus
    Free Member

Moco is on the RHS, air chamber is on the left. The grey wipers seal doesn’t hold the air in. Sounds like a seal in the air chamber has gone. You will need to take the lowers off to investigate. There are good instructions on the sram website

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    seanodav
    Free Member

Didnt see the lhs in BIG LETTERS doh! 😆
    Yup as seamus says in that case

Schweiz
    Free Member

Cheers guys,

Will have a look tonight.

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

I had the same problem with a 2010 Revelation Team. Turns out the shaft in the air side was scored so air leaked out. Warranty replacement part and all good now.

LoCo
    Free Member

Sounds like a seal has blown in the air let pressurizing the lower legs and blowing the wiper out.
    Send back on warranty (if still applicable) or service, I’ve got parts or can do the work.

snakebite
    Free Member

Same happened on my first set of Black box team issues…. JRA and pop, they got sold after warranty as they were only a month old, I then replaced them with race version and they popped 3 times JRA over 2 months before being binned for Sektors which, slightly heavier, seem bomb proof.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox revelation wiper seal blown out’ is closed to new replies.