Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Rockshox Revelation Set-up guide
  • mrh86

Just got myself a new set of rs revelation RLT ti forks and can’t seem to find any set up guides anywhere on the internet (including the SRAM website)

Just wondering if anyone knew of any decent guides, or would be able to point me in the right direction for getting them set up.

Cheers

Shorty121
    Free Member

Not sure of any but if anyone has some for dual air set up that would be great

pinch_flat
    Free Member

This kept cropping up for the 2010 forks, what exactly do you want to know?

Ambrose

I remove all negative air. Set sag to approx 20% of travel. Reinflate negative air to same psi as sag/ positive air. I ride, I’m happy. I generally leave it this way for weeks/ months on end. Life is too short for too much faffing.

RS values as printed on fork legs may not be applicable to you as an individual.

Other factors that may affect pressures are ambient temperature, altitude? and style of riding/ preferance of setup. I like it relatively firm because I don’t like riding uphill so I want to convert every possible Joule into height gained rather than bounce in the fork. Tbe downside of this strategy is that my ride is stiffer on the downhills.

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

As a rule, 90psi in the +ve chamber will equate to the medium coil spring on solo air forks and 90+ive 60-ive will give the same result for dual air forks.
    Keep the 66% – 33% ratio while getting about 30% sag in the “attack position”, and you won’t go far wrong.
    If you like a more supple initial phase, match the pressure in the +ive with the -ve i.e.90+ive and 90 -ive.

If you find they dive too much, contact me on 07812690420 and I’ll arrange for you send them in and I’ll build a high speed compression stack into the fork and improve the performance.

Ambrose

Hijack Alert Kev- your service are required. Cwm Twrch beckons! Christmas ride soon also- you up for it?

hearne_ogwen52AThotmailDOTcom

odouble7eightOnineDOUBLE8three81

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

I’m there Ambrose. You can count on it this time, I’ve not ridden for 6 weeks. I’ll scope out the route on Monday. I’ll mail and txt to confirm then, (route will finish at Wern Fawr for some top Buddy Holly based (Bryncelin Micro Brewery ales)).

Ambrose

Good man! Can you manage to sort the route for next Weds PM do you think? BTW- do you FB?

retro83
    Free Member

If you find they dive too much, contact me on 07812690420 and I’ll arrange for you send them in and I’ll build a high speed compression stack into the fork and improve the performance.

Do you mean dropping the BlackBox damper in, or something else?

LoCo
    Free Member

As above, remove air from the negative chamber, use the positive air to set between 25% and 33% sag in attack (!) position.

Set negative air pressure at the same as the positve.

refer to my setup guide for rebound and compression setup.

http://locotuning.co.uk/tech-info.html

Dive on the brakes is low speed compression too. 😉

Any issues feel free to drop me mail 😀

jamesb
    Free Member

There aren`t any it seems apart from teh sticker on the forks themselves; have had same issue on finding info but this may help

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=591938

At 180lb kitted out I`m using 100psi RLT Ti 120/150 dual position fork, and still to fiddle with other knobs yet. I got to this value by 20% sag; tried also 90 psi which was really plush at 25% sag, but found fork started to pack down to half travel on sustained rocky downhill. Still investigating best setup though

LoCo
    Free Member

Retro 83,

There’s a shim stack inside the bottom of the blackbox MoCo fitted to these forks which is easily adjusted with the addition/rearrangement of a few shims.
    You could also re-machine the rebound piston assembly to be a compression and rebound arrangement. 🙂

retro83
    Free Member

LoCo – Member
    Retro 83,

There’s a shim stack inside the bottom of the blackbox MoCo fitted to these forks which is easily adjusted with the addition/rearrangement of a few shims.

Oh is that what he meant? I’m aware of the BB damper having a shim stack, but he said about ‘dropping one in’ – i took this to mean adding one to a fork which didn’t have it previously.

LoCo – Member
    You could also re-machine the rebound piston assembly to be a compression and rebound arrangement

Very interesting! I was told on the MTBR forums that you can’t repurpose the existing rebound piston to be compression and rebound, without getting problems with cavitation in the oil … otherwise you could swap out the compression check valve on the rebound pushrod for a compression shim stack (although Push do preload the comp checkvalve spring I think!)

LoCo
    Free Member

The RLT Ti is a blackbox unit, as regards the rebound piston assm. you could do it how well it would work is open to discussion. Yet another thing that I’ll be ‘playing with’ over the winter.

mrh86

Cheers for the replies guys, though some of it all seems very complicated at the moment. Will eventually get my head around it all…..hopefully.

With the RLT ti can the high and low speed compression be adjusted? As far as I was aware you can only just the floodgate for when it is locked out (using the remote which is either “on” or “off” as I does not have the adjust remote)

jamesb
    Free Member

I too struggle to understand this technology and Im not altogether convinced that with my riding skills I could even tell the difference on the smaller points of fine tuning; as long as the fork feels smooth on small rough hits (eg stoney forest tracks) and works well on rockier stuff Ill be happy. But isn`t that what black box is meant to achieve once user settings are finalised??

LoCo
    Free Member
    scruff
    Free Member

Thanks Abdul.

Anyway, as a ‘power tech XC’ rider I put heavier wt oil in my damper cartridge, no bobbing, no compression damping needed, full travel, less diving under braking.

jamesb
    Free Member

LoCo thanks for that link, much more understandable now, I recognise teh compression tube / adjustabe gate now from when I converted a Reba Poploc to a crown lock and had to remove the red tube to get out the poploc return spring.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Revelation Set-up guide’ is closed to new replies.