Rockshox Revelation Service Advice

Home Forum Bike Forum Rockshox Revelation Service Advice

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rockshox Revelation Service Advice
  • svalgis

My guess is a broken seal (o-ring) that lets air leak between +ve and -ve air chambers.

extremenik

Did you do a full seal change on the internals of the air leg.

Nick

orangesoul

Hi,

I’ve just serviced the Lowers on my 2011 / 2012 Revelation 150mm forks (Youtube / MBR / Sram advice). After changing seals, foam rings and giving them a good clean I’m struggling to get the travel back to 150mm. I had another set serviced by TF and they recommended running 115 and 125psi for my weight. On running the same pressure on this set I can’t get them to inflate to more than 130mm. I haven’t touched the motion control side.

Any advice / suggestions (sensible please) would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Ed

orangesoul

Svalgis / Nick,

Internals weren’t touched, it was only the foam rings and wiper seals that were changed.

I wouldn’t be surprised if I’ve damaged / broken the o-ring between the two chambers. How easy is this to remove / change?

Cheers,

Ed

Had the same problem with mine. Oil leaked past the bottom o-ring in the damper side, preventing full travel. A full service and change of o-rings on the damper side should sort it. I got the full damper side seal kit from a chap on ebay called ‘evilhomersimpson’. Was less than a fiver.

Premier Icon Scapegoat
    Subscriber

Get the £8 one with the crush washers, less of a lottery when you’re putting it all back together afterwards.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rock-Shox-Reba-Race-O-rings-Seals-Crush-Washer-kit-/181139993581?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item2a2cc8f3ed

orangesoul

Cheers chaps, I’ve just ordered a set of o rings from evilhomer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Revelation Service Advice’ is closed to new replies.