Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Rockshox Revelation lockout question
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

I have some brand new Revelation Team U-Turn Dual air forks with a Poploc adjust bar mounted lockout. Having fitted the Poploc I’ve got to say the level of lockout is subtle bordering on “can’t-tell-the-difference”.

My old (cheap and naff) Manitou forks and my wife’s cheapy Suntour forks have a very definite lockout.

Anyone else had this experience? Is something wrong?

glenh
    Free Member

Have you adjusted the floodgate?

Jamie
    Free Member

Sounds like you need to adjust the floodgate.

carlos
    Free Member

As said – turn the floodgate (brass bit on top of the right leg) fully clockwise.

theotherjonv

First – check the floodgate as above.

Then: I have seen this but on an older pair. Turn out a seal had leaked which meant the damping oil had leaked into the lowers and as a result the fork upper didn’t have enough to make lockout work.

Not saying that your fork has leaked but if for any reason oil is too low that could be a reason.

If they’re new, back to the shop / supplier would be my suggestion.

adsb
    Free Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb0MPls2Vyw&feature=related

Got the same forks, should be very firm with the floodgate wound in.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I did play around with the Flodgate to no avail, but will take another look tomorrow. I’m worried it could be the oil problem too, since they do seem to leak a lot of oil just through normal compression. Others on here have reassured me this is normal…

saladdodger
    Free Member

IIRC only adjust the floodgate with the poplock on

Northwind

A wee bit of oil seems normal on new Revs, mine did it (and my old ones are doing it just now as I just serviced them). Not sure exactly why it happens though

stilltortoise
    Free Member

As Homer would say, “D’oh!” I simply didn’t have enough tension in the cable to fully engage the lockout. Schoolboy error 🙄

chrisrhayes

Oil level affects lockout.

I serviced mine as was suffering the same problem, the amount of oil in the reservior is pretty crucial, can’t remember the amount but the SRAM manuals have it.

Just checked:

“REVELATION – 115cc/ml (+/-5cc/ml)

IMPORTANT! OIL VOLUME IS CRITICAL. TOO LITTLE OIL DECREASES DAMPING PERFORMANCE. TOO MUCH OIL REDUCES AVAILABLE FORK COMPRESSION/TRAVEL, AS WELL AS RISK DAMAGE TO FORK FROM COMPRESSION BOTTOM-OUT.”

Not sure why its leaking, but may be worth a conversation with Shock tuners. Or get a new set of seals and fit them.

liquid1000
    Free Member

Oil level in top of leg! Had the same problem it leaks out the top of the forks in transit (or when upturned) as seal on top of leg is not great. Checkout service vids on youtube. The damper needs the right level of oil to operate. CYou need two different wieght oils also. 15 and 5 wt

I started with seal kit till I worked out this was the problem, I wonder how many other have also?

bob_summers

surely the oil leakage from new is just the oil used during assembly, in the wipers & foam rings?

theotherjonv

erm – he’s just admitted that he hadn’t tensioned the cable properly. I didn’t think it would be oil level for a new fork, but hadn’t thought it would be quite THAT obvious.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Revelation lockout question’ is closed to new replies.