Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rockshox Recon Lowers – Where? Help!
  • mattbibbings
    Free Member

Hope folk can help on this one.

Wifes bike has a set of Rockshox Recons (9mmQR) and one of the post mount threads has stripped. Combination of an Avid caliper that just would not centre and me being ham-fisted.

So I am trying to find a set of replacement lowers but the internet is proving fruitless. Best I can do is buying a whole new set of forks from on-one at £129. Goinf to phone TFtuned tomorrow but thopught I would ask here too, see if anyone knows if you can even get a set of replacement lowers for this fork?

(Wouldn’t have been like this with IS mount….grumble grumble…..)

docrobster
    Free Member

Helicoil?

tftunedshox
    Free Member

Lowers start from £77 & go up to £200 depending on model

coatesy
    Free Member

Come across lots of stripped post mounts, it’s a relatively cheap and easy fix to get a helecoil fitted, we’d probably be looking at about a tenner for the pleasure.

mattbibbings
    Free Member

Helicoil? I’ve just googled it and it sounds like it might be a solution. Coatesy, are you the man for the job? Whats the process/cost etc?

Thanks for the posts everyone

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

heicoil – simple and common fix. Some bike shops and most engineering places will be able to do one

the insert is a fiver or so so I would expect around £20 as a bill to do it.

coatesy
    Free Member

With you in N. Yorkshire, and me in Cardiff, I doubt i’m the man for your job :-).Most decent bike shops will have an M6 helicoil kit, and somebody that knows how to use it. The inserts are pennies to buy in bulk (£36 if prepared to buy 1000), and should take less than 15mins if you take a bare fork in, rather than a complete bike.

evanssuspension
    Free Member

Hi mattbibbings,

I run the Suspension Service Centre for Evans Cycles. We have the tooling and parts to enable a helicoil to be fitted to your damaged forks.
    As a stand-alone job this could be done for £15 inc the return postage. Please dont hesitate to call us on 015397 32262 for any further information.
    Kind Regards
    Robin

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Recon Lowers – Where? Help!’ is closed to new replies.