Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Rockshox Reba Sl. Any feedback
  • plus-one

Looking at this anyone have one ? Anything better for less money ?

https://www.bikeinn.com/bike/rockshox-reba-rl-manual-boost-15-x-110-mm-51-offset/137275361/p

Northwind

It’s the same old Reba they’ve been selling forever isn’t it? Oldschool motion control (compression damper as old as the original Pike, hopefully with the dualflow rebound that came in later but it doesn’t actually say, that was a big upgrade). Basically a 2010 fork but no worse for that.

Don’t expect stiffness but with the relatively short travel it’ll be OK- not a hard hitting fork but I don’t think you expect it to be? (they sold a 140mm travel version of the same chassis in 29er and it was pretty poor, mine was 110mm and absolutely fine for the job)

snotrag

I bought one of these new last year from All-tricks for my new On-one Scandal (as a few other member did). They were ridiculously cheap too.

They are light, solid, fit and forget. Not the stiffest, and not the most advanced damping but for XC riding they were by miles the best value option I could find thst was new, boost, lightweight.

For an XC or light trail bike I’d reccomend at that price (£300 doesn’t get you much fork these days at all!).

For a bit more aaggro riding, they are a bit basic and flimsy.

snotrag

I had to go back and check my email, they were 239 euros last year in 130mm boost flavour.

plus-one

I had them in my basket(all tracks) last year for my scandal ! Opted for rigid in end 🙁

Really think scandal needs sus fork it’s a great rig.

Thanks for thoughts/info so far.

239 euros !! Jeez I should’ve just bought them anyway !!

I’m not a very aggro rider more trail and mile munching

snotrag

In which case if there for a Scandal I’d say they are just about spot on for you.

Very happy with my build using them.

Northwind

OTOH, these, if you’re happy with the short steerer and less travel, would get my money. The RCT3 damper is a little better than the old moco, and it’ll definitely have the upgraded rebound damper which is a big big step up (like I mentioned the RLs might have it, but it’s not clear), and dual air gives you more control over setup. These older rockshox go on and on unless neglected and usually show it really clearly if they have, so it’s a reasonably safe used buy I reckon.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RockShox-RCT3-SID-Dual-Air-29-Forks/114619447663?hash=item1aafd9f96f:g:WlwAAOSwFZpf7HGX

snotrag

Not boost though, presume the op already has a wheel set.

Northwind

Ah you’re right- I was thinking in 20mm

plus-one

Yes 120mm minimum and boost required.

P20

I bought some Rebas in 29er flavour a few months back for a Solaris mk1. They flex under big hits, but otherwise fine. I probably need a volume spacer in them to fine tune

piemonster

They flex under big hits, but otherwise fine.

Ive the 130mm version and the above is what I’d say too. I was more interested in losing weight off the bike for not too much money and picked up for €275.

Id not want these for heavier riding, I rebuilt my bike as a longer travel XC bike and for that purpose they’re competent overall. Value wise they’re superb, performance wise just acceptable.

I got mine from https://www.probikeshop.com/en/gb/

jonba
    Free Member

I run older Rebas on my Parkwood.

They have been fine for the riding I do – Glentress/Hamsterley trail centres, Borrowdale bash, Cheviot moors etc. 120mm was about right travel wise on a hardtail, nice and light, stiff enough for me (I’ve honestly never noticed a fork flex?).

I just bought a scandal that came with RS 35s. I would have specced Rebas had they been available. Not seen any boost ones for a while, new or second hand. The link in the OP is probably the best price I’ve seen. I’m going to leave the 35s on and see. Scandal was a cheap bike so I don’t mind upgrading/replacing it in a couple of years anyway.

hopefiendboy

Hi there! I got a set of Reba’s on my Boardman hardtail 2019 version and was initially disappointed with their performance. I made changes to the volume spacers and the compression damper and both made a difference. Check my post history for the details…

hopefiendboy
    twonks

I bought some of the Rebas when going very cheap in Alltricks last year.

Look and feel very good in a car park test – pretty much what any forks is out of the box I suppose. They are fitted to a relatively lightweight On One Whippet build.

Not ridden the bike with them over anything other than tarmac as I’m thinking of selling the whole bike, but the forks certainly didn’t change the point and squirt feel of the build in comparison to the previous carbon rigid forks.

sgn23
    Free Member

I’ve got a Reba RL 29 120mm on an XC hardtail. I find its small bump sensitivity is zero but when it starts engaging it’s quite good over rougher terrain. Nice and light too. I wouldn’t want it on a trail bike.

plus-one

Thanks all I’ve hopefully got fox fork sorted 👍🏻

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Reba Sl. Any feedback’ is closed to new replies.