Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rockshox Rct ‘lockout ‘ not working, any ideas?
  • oysterkite
    Free Member

So the ‘locked’ position has stopped working (I’m aware that some it’s not really a lockout btw) There is now as much travel as when in the open position. I can send them back to CRC if necessary but was wondering if anyone knew a quick fix or knew how easy/difficult it is to sort. Cheers all

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Could be a few things.  Lack of oil in the uppers would cause that to happen.

Or, the assembly might not be rotating correctly as you move the dial on the top cap.  If you’re reasonably handy with a wrench you could take a look.  If you take things apart carefully, you should be able to put it all back together again (with Youtube help if necessary).

I seem to manage to bodge these repairs with some luck and coffee – someone more technical might come along in a bit and explain things better to you.

tjagain

low oil would be my guess – its doesn’t take much to have leaked to cause this IIRC

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I had this on a Sid RCT3.

The problem was that the part that the lockout lever moves within the fork had slipped so the lever did nothing. I can’t remember exactly how to take it apart but it was a 5 minute fix to remove the lever and refit it correctly.

There’s a service manual available to download on the Sram website for most RS forks which will explain how to strip the forks.

oysterkite
    Free Member

Ok’ thanks guys, appreciate it might be a simple fix but looks like I’ll have to return to CRC (don’t really want to start dismantling as pretty new forks so still in warranty) . Bit of a pia so might try an lbs see if they think it’s a quick fix.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Rct ‘lockout ‘ not working, any ideas?’ is closed to new replies.