rockshox pikes 327 problem

Home Forum Bike Forum rockshox pikes 327 problem

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • rockshox pikes 327 problem
  • Hi I have just bought a specialized pitch comp which came with rockshox pike 327 forks they are coil sprung uturn forks.

The problem I have is as soon as I push them down to 95mm travel left they seem to bottom out it feels like a mechanical noise and feel??

So I only have the top 40-45 mm of travel then it feels like it bottoms out any help would be gratley appreciated

robhughes

One of the seals gone in the damper side causing all the damping oil to migrate to the bottom of the leg.Then it hydro locks and does feel and sound solid.
    Pop the lowers off and see how much oil comes out of the bottom of the damper side leg.

moniex

Sounds like hydro lock, mine had this. All sorted now, and I think they did a bit of a mod to make it less likely to happen in the future. Good forks though, worth sorting.

Simone

robhughes

Not a mod as there old forks.Just seals gone.

Thanks for your help I will drain them in the morning and see in the morning are the damper seals readily available?

Right I just ordered a set of internal seals for under a £5 on ebay so going to take a chance on it!

robhughes

It will be the bottom two on the large white disc on the rebound damper.
    Two seals.Internal and external.
    You can see it here on the stock damper.
    http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Push-Rock-Shox-Pike-2007.html

Just a thought, but sounds similar to an issue I had with mine, although this was when new so would have thought that this would have been dealt with before, unless the bike hasn’t had a lot of use? When I reduced the travel on mine I only got about an inch of travel before they locked up and had reduced travel when set at 140mm, this was the plastic sleeve on the coil spring that was mis-shapen and binding in the fork, this was cut off and solved the problem, so I’d suggest removing the coil spring and push down on the forks to see if you still get the problem??

Cheers kojak I will give that a try to eliminate the spring did it leave you with less travel when you cut the plastic out?

robhughes

No.What he means is the plastic way stopping the fork from compressing fully giving less travel with it in.

I just removed the spring and same problem It bottoms out (or feels like it) with 95mm of travel left so I believe it must be the damper seals leaking?

I have a set on order that will be here Tuesday.

Thank you everyone for your help a suggestions 🙂

Right revived my seal kit today and an hour or so later all fixed it appears it was a seal on the white plastic thing Leaking to the bottom of the forks causing hydraulic lock!

Cheers for everyone’s comments

robhughes

Good on here init 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘rockshox pikes 327 problem’ is closed to new replies.