Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rockshox Pike Charger dampers
  • Premier Icon nickjb
    Free Member

I’m building myself a ‘nice’ bike with some newish bits and some parts bin bits.

For the forks I’ve got some Pike select+ from the CRC sale that are currently on my hardtail. I want to put these on my new bike so I bought some second hand pikes to put on the hardtail. These came with an upgraded charger damper.

According to TrailHead the CRC select+ have a CHARGER 2.1 RC damper. Is there any merit is swapping dampers? Is one likely to be better than the other?

CRC select+

Second hand

Premier Icon joebristol

The select+ damper should be the better damper. It’s a 2.1 charger with lsc and lsr adjustment.

The older one you have there is a charger 2 damper by the looks of it – the rct3 version so it has lsc adjustment in open and then the 2 lockout sort of style settings. Also has lsr.

Premier Icon chakaping
    Free Member

The select+ damper should be the better damper.

+1 it’s really good.

What you might want to look into doing though, is updating the air spring on the older fork.

Premier Icon desperatebicycle
    Free Member

Ride em…see if you notice the difference. 🙂

Premier Icon snotrag

The Charger 2.1 in the Select+ is superb. Its the current top level, just misses the individual adjustments (high and low speed) you would get on a Pike ultimate currently.

Premier Icon nickjb
    Free Member

Great. Thanks, saves me some work. The spring has already been upgraded in the 2nd hand one too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.