Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rockshox Pike Charger dampers
  • nickjb
    Free Member

I’m building myself a ‘nice’ bike with some newish bits and some parts bin bits.

For the forks I’ve got some Pike select+ from the CRC sale that are currently on my hardtail. I want to put these on my new bike so I bought some second hand pikes to put on the hardtail. These came with an upgraded charger damper.

According to TrailHead the CRC select+ have a CHARGER 2.1 RC damper. Is there any merit is swapping dampers? Is one likely to be better than the other?

CRC select+

Second hand

joebristol

The select+ damper should be the better damper. It’s a 2.1 charger with lsc and lsr adjustment.

The older one you have there is a charger 2 damper by the looks of it – the rct3 version so it has lsc adjustment in open and then the 2 lockout sort of style settings. Also has lsr.

chakaping
    Free Member

The select+ damper should be the better damper.

+1 it’s really good.

What you might want to look into doing though, is updating the air spring on the older fork.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    desperatebicycle
    Free Member

Ride em…see if you notice the difference. 🙂

snotrag

The Charger 2.1 in the Select+ is superb. Its the current top level, just misses the individual adjustments (high and low speed) you would get on a Pike ultimate currently.

nickjb
    Free Member

Great. Thanks, saves me some work. The spring has already been upgraded in the 2nd hand one too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.