Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • Rockshox Pike, any one got one yet?
  • bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

Any reviews? I’ve read a few good things but don’t actually know anyone who has a set?

They would be replacing float 32s.

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes, good, had a set of 650 ones, next batch due end of month for some models other due end of next month.

boxxer7
    Free Member

Pinkbike have a review up, other than that it seems the american forums seem to have a few sets on the go and recon that they are a really good fork.

heihei

Yep got a set of the 29er ones on my Spesh Stumpy Evo and deeply impressed with them. I’d say that they have the high-speed control of BOS Devilles but with the slow-speed plushness of Fox, i.e. they feel very plush but don’t dive under braking and feel very in-control through rougher sections. They replaced a set of X-Fusion forks which I thought were pretty good, but the Pikes are on another level.
    Further, they look bling, are cheaper than Fox, and are easy to set up. What’s not to like?

kiwijohn

What bhe said.
    I replaced Fox 32’s with Pikes & They are another league. I thought it was just me being crap in the corners, but it was the Foxs wobbling all over the place.

toons
    Free Member

They replaced a set of X-Fusion forks which I thought were pretty good, but the Pikes are on another level.

Another level from the xfusion!! I didn’t want to read that 🙁

Did you get the Dual Position or Solo?

heihei

Solo – who needs 110mm on the Evo eh? You know it makes sense!! 😉

toons
    Free Member

Let’s see a picture then

Did you think about the 150 on the evo?

munrobiker
    Free Member

Dual position 160mm on a stumpy evo here. Very impressed- definitely a step up from previous rockshox stuff, the “riding on the spring” feel has gone. Easy to set up. My big concern over the original Pikes was stiffness with the piddly axle but it’s fine. The new maxle is far superior to Tue old design. Far, far better than the x fusion vengeance forks that I have tried. Can’t compare it to a ctd fox fork though as I’ve not tried one. Looks brilliant too.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Any action pics?..

MrOvershoot

ChunkyMTB – Member
    Any action pics?..

What and get all that shiny stuff dirty! Are you mad?

tmb467
    Free Member

looks well ‘murdered out’

EDIT – and very nice

boxxer7
    Free Member

Just ordered some, fingers crossed they will be here the end of the week!

Euro
    Free Member

RockShox Pike RCT3 Dual Position Air Forks 160mm RRP £749

RockShox Pike RCT3 Dual Position Air 650B 150mm RRP £699

Anything to stop me buying the cheaper 650B 150mm ones and putting them on my 26″?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Hopefully in the next year these will start to appear OEM on merlincycles! Hopefully anyways they always have great cheap rockshox deals

bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

Boxxer, where’d you get em?
    £600 on CRC seemed to be cheapest after a quick look around.

boxxer7
    Free Member

I paid £590 from bike discount.de that’s for the 150mm 26″ flavour.

Entonox
    Free Member

I got a pair of Solo-air 26″ 150mm from bike-components.de

Also very impressed. Super stiff, not divey, plush, look great.
    Light too. Only 80g heavier than than my RCT3 Revs (1801g vs 1727g – 195mm steerer with starnut).

Had a pair of Fox 36 Floats and they’re easily comparable in stiffness.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

I’ve got some 426 coil Pikes from 2007, prior to that had, zocchi 88’s, bombers, and dropoffs, still ride the Pikes to this day, plush as ever, small bump compliance is awesome, and with poplock great for climbing.

Would it be worth me looking at an upgrade?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Anything to stop me buying the cheaper 650B 150mm ones and putting them on my 26″?

Yup, the fork offset is different. Which will alter how your bike handles.

Get the 150mm 650b forks and put a 650b rim on the front if you want.

150mm Pike = 542 axle to crown + 12.5mm increase in bar height due to the 650b wheels would rake your bike out as much as a 170mm lyrik.

winch
    Free Member

When Rockshox say max rotor size is 200mm, do they really mean it or would 203mm be fine?

munrobiker
    Free Member

Chunky- not yet, I’ve only ridden it three times and twice have been on my own. Action pics next week after my riding holidays when it’ll be more shitten up.

pymwymis
    Free Member

Waiting for x-fusion sweeps to finally turn up in the shops. 200 sovs cheaper and every bit as good if not better if you can believe what’s been written on t’interweb.

That saving gets me a posh set of bars and a decent stem.

Hmmmm…

winch
    Free Member

If the X-Fusions just had the adjustability of the Pikes. It’s such a difficult 1st world decision.

patriotpro
    Free Member

munrobiker – Member

That pic looks very glam but the cable-bunching under the bb area kind of spoils it. 🙄

Euro
    Free Member

Tom_W1987 – Member
    Yup, the fork offset is different. Which will alter how your bike handles.

Get the 150mm 650b forks and put a 650b rim on the front if you want.

150mm Pike = 542 axle to crown + 12.5mm increase in bar height due to the 650b wheels would rake your bike out as much as a 170mm lyrik.

Cheers Tom. Sometimes i love this forum 😀

rephlexer

jesus holy crap that evo looks nice – well done

More generally can someone educate me about RCT3 dual position?

Can I run it in short mode at 130 mm and still ride it flat out or does droppping the travel make the spring rate more linear?

I’d like the beef of the pike chassis on my bandit but not so much travel – except for special occasions!

Far, far better than the x fusion vengeance forks that I have tried.

I’m guessing that this may be a bit of an over exaggeration Luke – or you didn’t spend time getting the High/Low speed comp and rebound settings completely dialled?

Not a dig, or just a defence of my fork of choice, but I’m still fiddling after circa 16-20hrs/120-150miles in the saddle. No setting has felt bad and they are almost dialled, but definitely the plushest, most responsive forks I’ve had. Other reports state you do have to devote time to get the Vengeance feeling 100% right. HLR Air with DLA btw!

Evo looks ace btw – if I were buying another Spesh, it would be that over the Enduro methinks!

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’ve not really pushed it yet in the short travel setting yet, only used it up hill so can’t really help I’m afraid.

STR- I’ve tried a couple on other people’s bikes that they’d had for a while. While they were OK, they weren’t as good as older RS forks (but not by much) but the new RS are a lot better.

bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

You can get them in 140mm though, is that not what the bandit was designed for?

rephlexer

yarr, but 140’s only for the 29er pike, I’m on 26

jairaj

rephlexer – Member

Can I run it in short mode at 130 mm and still ride it flat out or does droppping the travel make the spring rate more linear?

I’d like the beef of the pike chassis on my bandit but not so much travel – except for special occasions!

Dropping the travel makes the spring rate less linear otherwise it would bottom out too often. But Rock Shox Travel adjust forks have always been designed so the fork feels the same just with less travel. Unlike Fox’s old TALAS which when lowered were in a “climb” setting and didn’t perform as well as when extended.

I haven’t tried the dual position forks yet but my u-turn Rev adjusts from 150-120mm and in the lower setting just feels like a normal 120mm fork.

You could hold out a while until spare parts are available for the Pike and replace the air spring for a 140mm version.

LoCo
    Free Member

Still waiting on 2014 drawings and parts lists for these as want different length air springs for my set.

Paul-j

Does anyone know if its possible to get hold of 160mm 26″ pikes asap? Trying to build up a bike before the 7th september.

LoCo
    Free Member

Due in to us 28th ish can order a set if necessary 😉

mccann.ben
    Free Member

Does anybody know if i can buy 140mm 29er forks and spanner them down internally to 100mm to go on the front of my Solaris? would it affect the feel? Had enough of the Reba’s I have!

LoCo
    Free Member

No parts available yet to do that it’ll probably be a new air spring assembly or base plate that’s needed.

daveh
    Free Member

+1

gordonb
    Free Member

Arrived last Friday, only had a quick local blast to try out, but I’m off to Inners on Saturday for a proper test.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Pike, any one got one yet?’ is closed to new replies.