Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Rockshox MY24 release date?
  • markoc1984

I’m about to order a new Bird Aeris 9 and whilst looking at reviews of the current Zebs and shocks I see that the MY23 Rockshox were announced in May last year, so I was wondering if anyone knows when the MY24 models are going to be announced?

Secondly how long will it be until the new models reach the bike manufacturers?

Thanks in advance

dave_h
    Free Member

I’m about to order a new Bird Aeris 9

Order it, ride it through the summer, enjoy it … don’t worry about what’s coming down the line. That would definitely be my advice.

MY24 models will undoubtedly have further ‘improvements’ but I genuinely challenge how much of that is truly identifiable by the average rider on the majority of UK trails.

Enjoy what you have as it’ll be more than enough bike

chakaping
    Free Member

They don’t change the forks and shocks every year.

The MY23 stuff will be current for a few years now.

Order away, it’s a great bike (though mine is a bit battered after a big crash last night).

P.S. The Formula Mod shock is excellent and a bargain at the price Bird do it, works great with the new Zeb.

markoc1984

Oh right, I thought I saw them updating every year over the last few years, thanks for the information.

Interesting about the Formula Mod shock, I wasn’t considering it after the good reviews about the Super Deluxe Coil, but will take a look at it.

chakaping
    Free Member

Have a look at some reviews of the Mod and ask Bird for an honest opinion.

I haven’t ridden the new SD, but the Mod compares reasonably well to the EXT Storia on my other bike.

Pauly

New MY24 Rockshox being announced next week in Scotland as a prelude to the Worlds.

Super Duper Smashing Fandabeedozee Zeb is the new top of the range…

benpinnick

I should point out as its not entirely obvious … ^ Is not true 😉

There’s no changes to the Zeb for this year.

markoc1984

Thanks Ben, that’s good to know, I’ll place an order in the next few days.

Although a Super Duper Smashing Fandabeedozee Zeb did sound fun.

razorrazoo

Zeb went though a pretty major refresh for MY23 with new damper, buttercups, vent buttons etc.  So long as you get this one rather than the earlier MYs then you’re good to go.

TheGingerOne

Do Rockshox still release their forks before they put the order in for the oil? 🤣

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

Some pros are riding forks with different decals so there could be an colour or decal change but they might wait til MY25 to change.

benpinnick

Some pros are riding forks with different decals so there could be an colour or decal change but they might wait til MY25 to change.

If its just loads of rockshox logos then they’ll have blackbox internals (or sometimes externals) for release at some point in the future. They are releasing some stuff this year, but not new or indeed updated Zebs.

sharkattack

Get the Zeb and a Formula Mod. I’ve only had a brief blast on one but it felt mint. It’s what I was going to buy until a Privateer discount code fell into my inbox and I went full Ohlins.

zerogreg
    Free Member

Running a Mod shock on my Aeris 160 which I purchased second hand, and find it brilliant. But wondered does the shock supplied by Bird have a custom tune? Also what CTS are people running?

chakaping
    Free Member

does the shock supplied by Bird have a custom tune? Also what CTS are people running?

Standard mid tune CTS (orange?), I’m probably gonna try the soft (gold) at some point to see if it makes the bike feel a touch more calm on fast, rough trails.

zerogreg
    Free Member

Thanks – didn’t think they came with different tunes! I’m actually running the Green CTS as found the orange a bit soft/wallowly! Last question, you running standard bushes or the bearing mount you can get from Bird?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.