Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rockshox lyrik rebound knob
  • chainbreaker
    Free Member

Whilst servicing my lyriks this weekend I happened to thread the little grub screw that holds the rebound knob in place.

Anyone know what size the grub screw is so I can order a replacement? Thanks.

Jamze

I ended up getting a new adjuster in the end, but googling suggested it was M3, 0.5mm pitch. Forget the length (but you can measure that)…

Search results for: ‘Set screws or grub screws’ | Shop4Fasteners

nickjb
    Free Member

I would’ve thought if you threaded the screw you’d knacker the thread in the cap rather than the screw as that is aluminium.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Mine’s literally hanging on by a thread, but it’s the adjuster rather than the grub screw that’s threaded. I’ll need a new one on the next lowers service, but for the life of me I can’t find one to buy.

I thought they’d be a common replacement part to be honest…

nickjb
    Free Member

Is there enough meat to tap it to the next size up?

johnw1984
    Free Member

I think there would be, it’s a pretty small hole with plenty of material around it.

Might be a solution for me and the OP. I’d begrudge buying a tapping kit though for one niche use unless I could get a replacement knob.

chainbreaker
    Free Member

Cheers all, I did have a look for a replacement adjuster as I thought they’d be quite inexpensive and easy to find, definitely not!

I will inspect the adjuster to see if the internal threads are damaged but when I took the grub screw out the threads basically fell off. I think I’ll measure the length and order a replacement grub screw.

Gritstone

My adjuster fell off last year and I just ride around without it, you can use an allen key to adjust setting if necessary

clubby

Been there, done that. Mine was definitely the knob threads. Had a cheap tapping kit from Lidl I’d never used and went next size up, which is handily same size as flat pedal pins. Ended up sticking out a little but works fine. One thing I figured out is that the grub screw is not meant to tighten onto the foot on the bottom of the fork, it’s only there to stop the adjuster knob falling out. Only figured this out when I tightened the pedal pin too much and adjuster wouldn’t move.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.