Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Rockshox Airshaft needed, whos best for spares?
  • beanieripper
    Free Member

Evening all,

a warranty replacement on my frame means I need to increase the travel on my Rockshox Rebas (A8) 130mm to 140mm. The airshaft part no is 11.4018.026.026 or the complete assembly is 11.4018.010.228.
    Tried TF Tuned but they dont have either, I could order from Alltricks but they wont ship small orders to the UK. Anyone got one or know the best place for me to try, thanks in advance.

mrmo
    Free Member

Have a look at r2 bike, obviously shipping isn’t that cheap but it is where I got a shaft last year, and they will ship smaller orders.

samuelr
    Free Member

I just received an airshaft from r2 bike today. Ordered Friday and here today. Because it’s below £135, the price advertised is the price you pay.

beanieripper
    Free Member

Thanks, it appears r2 bike dont have that one in stock..

boxwithawindow
    Free Member

I feel like I might have on in the spares box, drop me a message and I’ll look on Friday.

Its yours for the cost of posting assuming it’s the right one.

monkeyboyjc

Bikeinn?

P20

Definitely rebas? Website lists them only to 120mm

Northwind

Tried ebay for used? I wanted a Pike one that was proving elusive, eventually found someone selling a used one as they’d also changed length.

tabletop2
    Free Member

I’ve got one for revelations/pike 140mm if that fits?

rockandrollmark

I had Brink (well, Plush) swap in a new air spring when I had my forks serviced. They didn’t suggest any supply problems. Might be worth giving them or your lbs a shout before you start getting into the complications of getting things shipped from overseas.

beanieripper
    Free Member

Wow lots of practical help/suggestions here, thanks. TF tuned said it wasnt a common shaft, i cant think why. Said something about Fishers? showing as a 5 month wait.

beanieripper
    Free Member

Definately a Reba, they came in 2 types, mine is 130-150mm, has the marks on the stanchions. Tried ebay, no luck. Im not sure a Revelation one will fit as newer Revs are 35mm and the rebas are 32..boxwithawindow – sent you a message..

beanieripper
    Free Member

@boxwithawindow – forum doesnt want to let me send you a message, if you could have a look and get back to me ide be really grateful, happy to pay in beer money! Tabletop2 – were they 32mm stanchion Revs?

dirkpitt74

Have you tried J-Tech?

jree
    Free Member

I’ve got one that’s 120mm for Reba mate.

beanieripper
    Free Member

Tf tuned and J Tech say there is a 5 month wait! @boxwithawindow, cheers for the message I can send one back from my profie as messaging doesnt work

jamesmio
    Free Member

Slick & Slide have hooked me up a couple of times recently – including a new airshaft for my 2015 Pike RC’s so he’d be well worth a shot.

Yak

Bike24 is where I have had air shafts and other bits for forks in the past. I don’t know what their shipping is like now though. Or I order from Tftuned, but you have tried them already.

bigyan
    Free Member

Both of those part numbers show as

“BUT TO ORDER
    Due in 5 months”

On the ZyroFisher B2B (RockShox UK Distributor)

There are RockShox stock and shipping problems due to Covid. Zyro have also said they are not stocking some RockShox spares that they think are low demand, they will be special order.

beanieripper
    Free Member

Thanks, yep that pretty much echoes what ive been told. only chance is to track one down sat in a spares box or a tuners…wish they used the old plastic spacer arrangement, its crazy! Ive tried TFT, J Tech, Sussed out, Slick n slide, Sprung…

endomick
    Free Member

A bit of 10mm alloy tubing with a 8mm ID taped or glued to the bottom of the shaft, then use a 10mm longer bolt, ultraturn on Ebay are good for getting alloy spacers made.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Airshaft needed, whos best for spares?’ is closed to new replies.