Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rockshox advice
  • neil853
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of Revelation XX WC’s and some oil has started to leak from the top of the compression leg. Only a small amount but never the less i’m well aware it shouldn’t be coming out of there. It looks as though its coming from the threads of the cmpresson unit. Is there just an o-ring to replace underneath?

slinkybike
    Free Member

Is it coming out of where the xx remote meets the mo-co cartridge if so those o-rings are replaceable and come in a x-loc services kit. Can you take a photo and show us where it is happening.

neil853
    Free Member

Its difficult to tell, the oil seems to settle around the edge of the top of the leg, around the edge if you know what I mean. I don’t think its coming out of the X-Loc, more the cap on the top of the leg?

Bikes at home, can sort a pic out tonight?

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’ve had this with a set of Pikes in the past, it turned out to be a slightly dislodged O-ring. A 24mm socket, some grease and a bit of gentle fiddling around should sort it.

neil853
    Free Member

PJM1974 good man, I’ll be doing exactly that this weekend 🙂

slinkybike
    Free Member

You will need a mission control wrench to pull out the mo-co unless you pull the x-loc attachment apart to use a 24mm socket.

neil853
    Free Member

I think I can get an open ended spanner on there can’t i? Either that or an adjustable spanner (carefully)?

slinkybike
    Free Member

Yes you can use a 24mm spanner or a good quality adjustable wrench. It’s just a nice tool for the job and has a short handle so it’s hard to over tighten the cap

neil853
    Free Member

Cheers for the advice mate, appreciated.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox advice’ is closed to new replies.