Rockshox 2013 Solo Air travel reduction – critical problem?

Home Forum Bike Forum Rockshox 2013 Solo Air travel reduction – critical problem?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rockshox 2013 Solo Air travel reduction – critical problem?
  • Premier Icon bigjim
    Subscriber

So I have some 2013 Revs with the new solo air spring, reduced by 20mm to 130mm, and all is lovely except they feel like my old dual air Revs when there was no negative air in them. I have zero sag sitting on the bike and the stroke feels like there is no negative spring.

Looking at the picture of where the solo air dimple that lets air into the negative chamber is, it would seem that by reducing travel by 20mm, I have essentially removed the negative spring from the system as the piston must now be more or less right on the dimple. I can’t see any way around this either, without increasing travel… whaddya think?

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gallery/article/video-sram-rockshox-back-650b-wheel-size-33755/7

Premier Icon bigjim
    Subscriber

bumpage for the daytime crowd

warpcow

Do the spacers still look a bit like a cotton reel? If so, could you maybe drill a small hole, or possibly cut a small notch, in the bottom edge to allow the air to flow freely into the -ve chamber?

LoCo

The 2013 solo airs need a different air spring assemblies fitting to reduce the travel, these are available from 150mm (standard) to 100mm in 10mm increments.

Premier Icon bigjim
    Subscriber

Cheers Simon, RockShox making things complicated!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox 2013 Solo Air travel reduction – critical problem?’ is closed to new replies.