Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • ROCKRIDER ST 530
  • hanchurch
    Free Member

I am thinking of one if these for my son, I would appreciate your views.

Poopscoop

I can’t really give you specifics but as a decent budget brand they are generally pretty damned good.

I had a different model a few years back for my lad and I was really impressed with it.

Northwind

Don’t know that particular model but decathlon are really hard to beat at this sort of price, especially with go outdoors being so short of stock (the Calibre Blade is worth a look too but they only have it in XS). The brakes are good. The fork’s a bit of a mystery though…

I like the list of things it’s not suitable for:

“Not suitable for XC, All Mountain, Enduro or BMX”. Fine for downhill 😉 I guess they mean XC racing?

kcr
    Free Member

My kids are riding ST540s, and it looks like the 530 is the same frame. They are very good bikes for the money. Well put together, and not ridiculously heavy.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Mrs Nobeer got a 540 after getting a pashley and realising it was heavier than the moon, it’s a great wee hardtail, a bawhair heavy, but it was 200 odd quid, so canny really moan. The hydro brakes are very good, fork isn’t bad either.

very well recommended.

hanchurch
    Free Member

I picked it up this afternoon I’m quite impressed with it.

Poopscoop

We need pics..it’s the law.😉

hanchurch
    Free Member

" alt="" />

hanchurch
    Free Member

He’s really happy with it and it was a complete surprise too, I told him I needed a hand getting stuff in from the car.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Awesome, top Dadwork sir, high 5!

Poopscoop

@hanchurch

He’s really happy with it and it was a complete surprise too, I told him I needed a hand getting stuff in from the car.

Great stuff mate! I bet he was well happy.👍

Oh, as an aside,I think the image is so small as you used the Thumbnail option on postimage.org?

hanchurch
    Free Member

Probably it’s a nightmare posting photos here🤣🤣

wzzzz
    Free Member

Is this running the new microshift advent? be interested to here your experiences!

Groupset could be a game changer for VFM 1x drivetrains

wzzzz
    Free Member

100 euro inc 11-42 cassette shifter and rear mech

https://www.bike24.com/p2334685.html

hanchurch
    Free Member

It seems to work really well, for the price the bike is great so far.

hanchurch
    Free Member

We’ve been out for 3 rides on it and he’s done 50km on it mainly off road, it’s really good and the gears are faultless.

Poopscoop

Great weather for it too.

Glad he’s enjoying it.👍

hanchurch
    Free Member

Yes it is all good so far.

demoffola
    Free Member

I have been off the bike for a few years and picked up the ST530 a few weeks ago, as could not seem to get hold of anything else around the £400-500 mark. Have to say have been impressed with it so far, rides well, was responsive on the singletrack and have even bounced it down a few stairs not as nimble as my P7 but thats a different world. Not had to adjust anything as yet, shifts and stops well. Hoping to get over to Gisburn Forest next week for a couple of loops on their blue route.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘ROCKRIDER ST 530’ is closed to new replies.