Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Rocketwatch Autumn'13
  • gibbonarms
    Free Member

Finally ordered my Cotic Rocket a couple of weeks back (guessing I’ll be at the back of an already long queue), gone for the bright green an hoping it looks just as good in the flesh.

So who else has ordered one?, and whats your choice of shock and fork? I’m thinking Green Rocket with a CCDB air but undecided on fork choice yet (150 or 160mm ?)

Madfly
    Free Member

Did you pre-order it with them directly or through a dealer?

I’ve been waiting since about june an gutted would be an understatement if they sell them all on pre-orders…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Madfly – Member

I’ve been waiting since about june an gutted would be an understatement if they sell them all on pre-orders…

POSTED 4 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

I’ll see your June, and raise you a February….

Gone for the Bos shock, and there are a pair of new pikes waiting to be introduced to the rocket!.

gibbonarms
    Free Member

I’ve ordered mine through Cotic direct as they were good enough to let me demo one back in June, just took me a while romancing with a certain carbon number to decide that the steel rocket was the one for me.

I’ll see your June, and raise you a February….

Yep, knew that I would be waaaaay down the queue, what shock are you off for noberinthefridge?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Bos Vip’r, heard good things about them.

gibbonarms
    Free Member

Bos Vip’r, heard good things about them.

Aye, the rocket of Cy’s I tried was lovely on the trail, climbed beautifully with the shock in the ‘soft’ position.

jairaj

I can highly recommend the BOS Vip’r. Got one on my Bandit and it is by far better than the Fox RP23 and Rockshox Monarch that were on the demo bikes.

The RP23 and Monarch both felt very similar if I was tight for cash I’d have chosen the Monarch as the RP23 had no extra benefit that I could feel.

But the Vip’r is much nicer. Each Vip’r comes tuned to the suspension characteristics of the bike and you can feel the extra grip, control and composure on the rear end compared to the other two shocks. You can set the rebound faster than normal because of the extra control it has, beginning of the stoke is slow so you don’t get bucked off but then quickens up so it recovers faster ready for the next hit.

Just a note but I only ran the various shocks in fully open position never used the lockout / pro-pedal.

Scamper
    Free Member

Is there any pics of the green rocket?

gibbonarms
    Free Member

Nope no pics that I’ve seen, so were just gonna have to use our imagination, but Kawasaki green will be fairly loud.

nodrog2
    Free Member

Already got one in black. Awesome bike, so much fun to ride. Very agile and capable bike. Running the Fox CDT Kashima boost valve rear shock and RS Lyrik forks. The rear shock is very good (tend to leave it in trail setting). Reckon if I was buying again then I might plump for the BOS rear shock option. Here it is watching the sunset at Thrunton woods.

Rik
    Free Member

But the Vip’r is much nicer. Each Vip’r comes tuned to the suspension characteristics of the bike

Not really, as there are a lot of bikes on the market and BOS make exactly 2 tunes for the Vip’r. Called Tune 1 and surprise surprise Tune 2.

But agree that they are supposed to be very good and very well controlled. Plus they are about the only reliable thing that company makes.

Rik
    Free Member

Nice build that’s going to be Nobeer, very nice. Just hope it comes soon as that’s an epic wait!

Got to wait till Jan for my new build 😀

chiefgrooveguru

Been waiting for an orange Rocket with CTD shock and new Pikes since July – very excited! I’m almost as excited by the prospect of turning my Soul into a singlespeed, though doubtless I’ll feel less keen on its maiden gearless outing… Looks like the Soul’s final away trip will be a weekend of uplift silliness in Wales. I’m sure I’ll be very glad to have a full-sus on my return to BPW, whenever that is.

gibbonarms
    Free Member

turning my Soul into a singlespeed, though doubtless I’ll feel less keen on its maiden gearless outing

You’ll be right, give it six months and you may even consider singlespeeding the rocket! 😆

jairaj

Not really, as there are a lot of bikes on the market and BOS make exactly 2 tunes for the Vip’r. Called Tune 1 and surprise surprise Tune 2.

Well I guess the sales guy tricked me or was misinformed? Either way I’m very happy I went for the upgrade.

Madfly
    Free Member

Anyone go to their demo at the weekend? Did they hint at a date for them??

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

And I genuinely thought this was gonna be a thread about the first firework sightings of 2013, instead it turns out to be about some silly steel-framed full suspension monstrosity.. Hummphhh… 😐

gibbonarms
    Free Member

BOS make exactly 2 tunes for the Vip’r. Called Tune 1 and surprise surprise Tune 2.

What does the “O ring quantity for positive and negative air chamber” refer to then as shown on the right hand side of the table here?:

Link to BOS Vip’r shock chart here

gibbonarms
    Free Member

DOH – found the answer here, its in the air chamber volume adjustment

Link on BOS website here

gibbonarms
    Free Member

There’s now a definite chance that you’ll all see real firework rockets before the Steel Cotics arrive, I’m not in any rush which is good, as I dont think they will be here this year.

Madfly
    Free Member

What gave you that impression?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Rocketwatch Autumn'13’ is closed to new replies.