Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • RocketMAX with a coil shock?
  • trusty

I’m looking at ordering a rocketmax with the coil IL shock, anyone got one they’d like to give their views on? There’s a few reviews with air shocks, but I can’t find anything on the coil version.

rossburton
    Free Member

Cotic say it’s a great option if you’re an aggressive rider. Their enduro team riders all run coil, I believe.

nixie

I run a normal rocket with a CCDB (normal not climb switch). I really like how the bike feels with it.

dienamic

I’ve got a pre-longshot rocketmax with a vivid coil, love it!

trusty

Cheers. Seems its not an option now anyway. I’d emailed Cotic earlier about spring rates and had the reply below. Looks like it’s the air shock or a different frame

“We have discontinued the coil options now though as we don’t feel that they work as well as the air shocks that we designed the frame around.”

marksnook
    Free Member

I’m on a long shot rocketmax with a ccdb il coil. I love it, rarely use the climb switch, it doesn’t suffer too bad with pedal bob unless you stomp on the pedals hard. I found the spring calculator on the website put me on a slightly too stiff spring but dropped one and it’s back to that bottomless feel. Strange they have said that as even Sam the demo guy was running a coil and loving it

marksnook
    Free Member

Tf tuned have 30% off until Sunday. Order a coil from them, it’s 200×57 for the rocketmax if I remember correctly

kelvin

Their enduro team riders all run coil, I believe.

They moved to the big can double barrel air (not the IL).

I run the Coil IL, again with a softer spring than advised, and love it. I’m not a hard rider though.

tomtomr

I initially ran a DB coil IL on my longshot RM with Cotics recommended spring rate and with a lighter spring and was never fully happy with how it worked. The recommended one felt oversprung and the lighter spring either bottomed out too easily or I had to run more HSC than felt good.

Now on a DBair IL. Trail chatter doesnt quite feel as good as the lighter coil spring but overall much happier with the feel of the bike and the level of progression and pop.

trusty

Oooh, that’s cheaper than buying it with the bike was – even with the coil

marksnook
    Free Member

I had my DBcoil before I bought the rocketmax so it just went straight on. Not sure what I would have picked if I hadn’t already had the coil. Curious about air shock on the rocketmax but don’t have the change lying around! Maybe I need to sell some bits! Kidneys etc!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘RocketMAX with a coil shock?’ is closed to new replies.