Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rocket stove
  • trout
    Free Member

Any one built a rocket stove for outdoor cooking .

sweepy
    Free Member

adapted a bit now, cooks great, but not much radiated heat for sitting round

matt_outandabout

I want to build one at our next house as BBQ!

TooTall
    Free Member

No, Matt. You want to build one because you want to build one, and that’s OK to admit. It would be a terrible BBQ.

The more I look at them the less I see a real use for them. Their heat is fierce but not very easy to control. They seem to be best for water heating or heating a thermal mass like an earth bench or something else that radiates. The few people I know who have used them for any length of time find they use the fuel quickly.

Now an outdoor cob pizza oven that the kids help build…..

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, looks about as limited as a jetboil.

trout
    Free Member

Their heat is fierce but not very easy to control. They seem to be best for water heating or heating a thermal mass like an earth bench or

Perfect as I want to make one to boil the wort for beerypop making to save on gas usage

thebrowndog
    Free Member

Are those socks with Crocs? Yes? Glad Im not the only one.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

they are brilliant, but yes limited. would be totally rubbish as a bbq 😆
    the pic above is a very very simple one (i would just call that a chiminena). they should be deflecting the exhaust gasses back down and expelling cold smoke at around the same height as the inlet. its all about an insulated flue and causing a chimney fire to create a super clean burn. the ones ive helped build get fired for around 20mins per day to heat the whole house through thermal mass for the next 24hrs

matt_outandabout

No, I really fancy one…Think of the workshop with one of these bad boys in…
    http://www.richsoil.com/rocket-stove-mass-heater.jsp

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rocket stove’ is closed to new replies.