Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Rocket Shower
  • samuri
    Free Member

First off has anyone tried this?

http://10nine8.net/

I’ve been in touch with the lady who sells it but there are no UK distributors. I’ve been moved from a place with showers and changing rooms to a place with none where they are less than enthusiastic in supporting my commuting plans. Rocket shower looks like it does the job but the postage will be as much as the product itself.

Would anyone else be interested in sharing an order to see how good the product is? If it’s as good as I hope it is I’ll be ordering a big quart refill pack. I’ll be happy to organise the delivery with anyone who wants to give it a go.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Doesn’t seem to do anything that a packet of baby wipes won’t do.

samuri
    Free Member

Yeah, that’s been suggested a number of times and I’ve tried baby wipes but they simply don’t do the job. Maybe I’m extra dirty or something I’ve found but after 17 miles something designed to clean sensitive skin doesn’t cut the mustard on a sweaty bloke.

Gary_M
    Free Member

mmm used to work fine for me before we moved to a new office with showers. Admittedly on grimy wet days it was hard work to get cleaned up. and that’s on a 20 mile commute.

samuri
    Free Member

They work eventually but I end up using most of a packet, looking for something a bit neater/possibly more environmentally friendly (if getting stuff sent over the atlantic can be considered as such 😉 )

Stoner
    Free Member

environmentally friendly

how about a flannel and a bottle of water in the bogs then a dry down with a microfibre towel? You can douse and rinse the flannel over the trap using the water bottle.

mucho environmentally friendlier…

veedubba

I’ve seen this stuff before but never got any for exactly the reason you mentioned.

I’d go for a group order I reckon.

Or we could just start importing it and make our fortunes…

samuri
    Free Member

That’s what I’m going to try first any way stoner, see how well it works. They won’t even let me use the disabled toilets at this place as I’ve done in the past, just having a little sink to rinse off in is a major help. Plus I have the problem of nowhere to store my clothes.

druidh
    Free Member

Cycle slower so you don’t get as sweaty?

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’d say it would be pretty much impossible to ride 17 miles and not need some sort of wipe down after it if you want to smell presentable. Unbelievable that they won’t let you use the disabled loo samuri, do they have an armed guard standing by 😉

samuri
    Free Member

On my first day here I approached HR and asked if I could use the disabled toilet. I pointed out that I would be in very early, would only take 15 minutes at the most and always clean up thoroughly after myself. I know there’s only one disabled chap in the building who uses that bathroom and he doesn’t get in till late normally. I even suggested they phone facilities at my old building to to confirm that there were never any complaints about the state of the bathroom there after I’d used it.

They said no and the next day there was a big sign on the disabled toilet door. ‘Only disabled people may use this bathroom’.

There’s also a load of unused lockers at one entrance, but they’re apparently allocated to the print staff.

Gary_M
    Free Member

That must be very frustrating, can’t you get yourself one of them there disabilities.

andywhit
    Free Member

Bummer! Your mistake was asking them before using of course 🙂

ski
    Free Member

Would anyone else be interested in sharing an order to see how good the product is? If it’s as good as I hope it is I’ll be ordering a big quart refill pack. I’ll be happy to organise the delivery with anyone who wants to give it a go.

Could be interested samuri in going halves with you, do you know what they charge for postage?

Junkyard
    Free Member

i get to use the shower in the disabled toilet at work ….try sitting there all day smelling and just moan about the lack of facilities if they say anything to you.
    IIRC there in no legal reason to deny an able bodied person from using a shower in a disabled toilet and not really sure how they could discipline you for doing so.
    Seems very harsh indeed

Gary_M
    Free Member

I don’t think there’s a shower in it Junkyard, I think he just wants to use the sink.

Junkyard
    Free Member

ah there is one in ours at work which I argued for interestingly the disabled cannot use it as it has a raised shower tray and nothing to hold on to.
    Having just asked HR you may be able to claim discrimination/raise a grievance in NOT being able to use the toilet as it is a legal requirement to provide facilities for the disabled but there is no legal requirement for it to be for thier exclusive use. Many supermarkets put baby changing in their for example.
    Also they cannot really deny you use of a place to get clean and then complain you are not clean.

Moses

I suggest you stink for a few days. Then ask where you can change and clean up? – not do you mind if…put the onus onto them.

samuri
    Free Member

well would you look at that, fired up by the responses to this question I marched back into facilities….

….Spoke to another lady and she has said it is quite alright for me to use the disabled toilet, AND has just presented me with a key to my very own locker. Brilliant. I can get a proper strip wash now and can keep my things away from my desk.

Absolutely 100% happy with that result. Thanks for the encouragement and I won’t be going for the american product any more.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I wash in a hand basin most days, works fine. I have one of those ultra fast drying travel towels, which is dead handy. It lives at work. Work provides as much pump action soap as I can possibly need.

Oh and be sure to kick HR in the baws eh? They sound useless and petty.

takisawa2

I’ll give it a go if your ordering some.
    Drop us an email.

Showering at home before the commute is key, its only “clean” sweat your wiping off then. Also, not enviro freindly, but Arid XX Body Spray is pretty good. Microfibre towel is a must.

samuri
    Free Member

yep, I always shower before the commute, perhaps I’m being over fastidious but I don’t feel clean after any reasonable ride without a proper wash down. Anyway, all sorted now. I can get a sink wash which is good enough for me. I’ll keep chasing the company to get some proper facilities installed here in the meantime though. They’re going to have serious car parking issues here once they move everyone they want to over so any relief to that should be welcomed.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Result

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Rocket Shower’ is closed to new replies.