Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • rock shox XC32 solo air 29er, are they really that bad?
  • ads678

As the title really, I’ve had some tora solo airs in the past and they were decent, very capable. no where hear as good as my coil Pikes though.

The XC32’s are cheap, which is what I need ATM. I want them to replace some Salsa Cromotos on my inbred 29er. They won’t be used for anything technical just tow path and bridleways, maybe the odd trail centre?

So are they shockingly awful, or they actually not that bad in real life, but we really shouldn’t say as it goes against what the industry tells us we should be using?

plyphon
    Free Member

No for bridleways you need at least 150mm 2013 Revs theyre a bargain at an entry level price of £700.

ahwiles
    Free Member

i’ve got 29er, coil-spring, xc32’s

they’re a little flexy, a little heavy, a little basic, but they’re alright.

i like them.

(i’ve also had: pikes, lyrics, boxxers, fox32rl’s, domains, rebas, etc.)

i simply cannot justify the price of slightly lighter/stiffer/more refined forks for the kind of pootling along/messing around in the woods kind of riding i do.

ads678

ahwiles – That’s exactly what I wanted to here, cheers.

My Five with Pikes is for bigger stuff, the inbred only gets used for easy stuff/commuting/family riding.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘rock shox XC32 solo air 29er, are they really that bad?’ is closed to new replies.