rock shox revelation solo travel issues

Home Forum Bike Forum rock shox revelation solo travel issues

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • rock shox revelation solo travel issues
  • alwhit

So just been on the phone to Evans cycles about the said fork
    Because when you set it up for my weight its only got 120mm of travel before I get on and set sag(should be 140 mm)thats at 95 psi, to get 140 mm have put in 150 psi and at that there is no sag for my weight.
    So the guy at evans tells me that because I’m only 13 stone all I can expect from a solo 140mm is 120 mm of travel before I get on and set sag .
    I told him that was rubbish and that a
    I had paid for a 140 mm travel fork and thats what it should be regardless of my weight before setting sag .
    I think I’m right and there’s something just not right with the fork
    Its only 3 months old
    What do you think ???

LoCo

Sounds like the negaive transfer port is blocked and not transfering properly (maybe) either way it’s not right so I’d return for a warranty inspection.

alwhit

That’s what I was thinking its just not quite right
    He’s ringing rock shox and there going to ring me back 20 mins ago
    (Think I just seen a pig fly past my window )

excitable1

So the guy at evans tells me that because I’m only 13 stone all I can expect from a solo 140mm is 120 mm of travel before I get on and set sag

….that’s a croq of bollox my friend. Shouldn’t need 95psi and certainly not 150psi 😯 . Have they always been like this or were you getting the right sag and travel when you first picked them up ?

I’ve just had a similar issue on some Fox forks. They just started sitting low in the travel when out on the ride and when I checked the psi it had gone up from 75 to 100 and needed a 125 psi to get the right sag. All points towards what LoCo said or something else deep inside the air gubbins. Off for warranty they have gone, without any quibble from the LBS (not Evans) !!!

alwhit

Update rang kendal Evans where I bought from turns out they have a suspension centre they said bring it in sounds like there’s a problem ,took it there 1 hour later stripped new seals and oil working fine said air had some how by passed to – chamber ,they also found the front shimano bearings had pitted so there fixing under warranty as well
    Great service from the Kendal branch just not head office where they were clueless

Premier Icon willv
    Subscriber

Loco – can this be easily fixed at home?

Got some 13 solo revelations and they are sitting about 10 mm into their travel when static/unweighted

Ta
    Will

b r

I find whenever I have fork issues it’s worth cycling through with air/no-air a couple of times.

And tbh every month or so I cycle them anyway.

Premier Icon willv
    Subscriber

B r
    So take all air out and cycle a few time and then same with air?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘rock shox revelation solo travel issues’ is closed to new replies.