Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Rock shox REBA – seems a bit stiff?
  • mosschops
    Free Member

Hi there,

got a new REBA SL – set up with 125psi (I’m about 10.5 stone) seems really stiff – how long until the seals loosen or should I drop the pressure?

thanks

MC

simondbarnes

That seems like far too much pressure. I run that @ 13+ stone.

z1ppy

indeedy not a lot less than I run, and i’m half you weight again…

mosschops
    Free Member

Ah, better break out the manual….

matt_outandabout

mosschops – my Reba 29 manual / RS suggested pressures were way out.

I would simply play around with dropping pressure / matching the negative pressure, until you are happy.

GJP
    Free Member

I reckon even if you set them at the pressures listed in the manual which would probably be circa 100 PSI IIRC then you would still find them “stiff”

Lots of folk seem to conclude that the RockShox recomended pressures are way out.

Sonor
    Free Member

Rockshox pressures do seem to be out. I ran mine at the recommended pressure and they were too stiff.

Now run them around 100-110psi.

NZCol

Same weight on Reba Race and i run at 100

atlaz
    Free Member

I am usually a notch or two below what RS recommend on my rebas. At their recommended pressure I was rarely getting anywhere near full travel, even with my ham fisted route taking ability and clumsy handling skills.

clubber
    Free Member

Ditto – your pressures are too high – I’m 16 stone and run at 110 to 130psi depending on what I’m riding.

Keva
    Free Member

I’m probably 9.5 stone with kit & camel back on, running about 85-90psi I think. mine aren’t exactly soft.

glenh
    Free Member

At 10.5st I run 80-90 +ive and 70-80 -ive.

mosschops
    Free Member

OK, sounds like I is a bit over pumped will drop to 80psi and see what happens

thanks all

MC

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Rock shox REBA – seems a bit stiff?’ is closed to new replies.