Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rock shox pushloc remote spares
  • matlockmeat
    Free Member

Does anyone have any idea where to get these from.

To start with the pushloc is a terrible cheap design, resembling that if a cheap biro pen that cost a few pence to make.

Mine has stopped working and stays in the looked position as the lever won’t stay pressed down.

From looking it is a plastic lever with 2 burrs of plastic down it which twist another piece of plastic.

Must have cost all of 5 pence to make.
    The plastic wears away and then the lever stops working.

Does anyone have a spare from a broken remote or ideally know where I can buy this price of plastic crap from.

Can’t justify a whole new remote, that is just madness.

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

Will his work?

I think the pushloc and poploc are interchangeable. A least I’ve used both on the same fork and either worked as well as they ever do.

jekkyl

just take the bugger off and convert to a fork top dial.

matlockmeat
    Free Member

Thanks for that. It might work. Still expensive for what it is but considerably cheaper than normal.

Thanks for the link.

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

To be fair, I’ve never broken a poploc. The pushloc rotating ‘biro’ bit is stupidly flimsey – that cracked straight away but I’ve got 2 or 3 poplocs being used for various applications and they seem to be a little more sturdy /forgiving.

welshfarmer

My poploc (the cable one not the hydraulic one) lasted all of one ride before becoming unreliable. It took about 3 more before it wouldn’t work at all. A bit of servicing had it working sort of, for a few more ride. I have now used 5cm old gear cable (the bit with the solder stop on the end) to simply hold it in the open position using the grub screw and thrown the handle bar bit in the bin.

docgeoffyjones

I adapted one of these jagwire kits to replace the remote on my pike 426s. You only need the lever and it has been going strong for many years. Much neater and more reliable than the original rockshox remote which broke when putting my bike in the car!!!

http://picclick.co.uk/JAGWIRE-Rockshox-Suspension-Fork-Lockout-Kit-192004713774.html#&gid=1&pid=1

docgeoffyjones

The only downside being you have to file down the cable stop on the new cable when you want to replace it as it uses an odd size head which is smaller than a standard gear cable.

chipster

Op, ygm.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rock shox pushloc remote spares’ is closed to new replies.