Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Rock Shox missing rebound adjuster
  • Zaskar93
    Free Member

Hi. I’ve just done a lower leg service and changed the wiper seals and foam washers in my 2010 Revelation Race forks. My external rebound adjuster knob has been missing for ages but is it possible for the oil in the lowers to leak out without the adjuster in place? I just noticed this morning a drop of new oil on the bottom of the leg where the knob should be. Should I be worried and/or should I get a replacement knob or at least a grommet or cap of some sort to seal the hole? Any help appreciated. Ta

khani
    Free Member

It’s the crush washer that seals the bottom, the rebound adjuster shouldn’t make any difference, if it is leaking oil then you need a new crush washer really..

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

The rebound adjuster is just a 3mm allen key with a red handle. As above, if it’s leaking oil then you need new crush washer.

Zaskar93
    Free Member

Cheers fellas. Think it may have just been a bit of residual oil. I stuck a small rubber cap on it yesterday morning and there is no sign of any oil in that today or elsewhere but I’ll keep an eye on it and replace the crush washer if necessary. Rode them round Sherwood Pines today, including the new rocky downhill runs I haven’t seen before, with no problems. Ta

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Rock Shox missing rebound adjuster’ is closed to new replies.